Loretta Lynn, Godspeed

This is off topic, but a person who’s music my Mother adored has passed.
https://www.npr.org/2022/10/04/1126806853/country-music-icon-loretta-lynn-dies-at-90
I grew up hearing her songs, and her story was the real American Dream.
Goodbye, to the Coal Miner’s Daughter…

6 Likes

Wonderful person and artist. She was smart, brave, a Trump supporter and real American woman. RIP.

Miss Loretta was singing it straight from life.

1 Like

This is my favorite duet she did with Conway Twitty. I like to sing along to both parts

4 Likes

This is the one they sang that my sister and I used to hear around the house.

2 Likes

May she rest in peace. i only heard Coal Miner’s daughter myself but do realize she had a big impact in the industry.

3 Likes

My condolences. I grew up listening to my parent’s classic rock. Nowadays I’m into all kinds of music but that really influenced me. I know what’s good music. It feels like you get to know and relate to these artists.

1 Like

Well, she was my parents music, but I heard her and the rest of the Opry members regularly.
The GOO and Hee Haw were mandatory around Our house.

It was my grandmother who listened to old country mostly. My mother listened mostly to bands like Metallica. She hated country music because that’s what she grew up listening to lol. I like a little bit of almost everything

What was her favourite class? I’m guessing Paladin.

1 Like

SHe was for sure Valeera.

She was super cool, but would shiv you in a second if you got out of line.

2 Likes

Never heard of her before, perhaps because I’m fairly young and canadian.

May she rest in peace, in a better world.

You’re Canadian?.
Ohhhh my word, never would have expected that. You’re probably from the west what with your mannerisms.

Rip. The Conway Twitty duets are super fun. Sheeeat, I dont like country but I like this!

3 Likes