Lol! Are you trying to kick us f2p out of the game?

Not sure tbh, if Maiev is unobtainable she would have still had a year to gain, compared to 1 month for Tyrande (to only 6 countries) and what, 3 weeks for for this new troll. Like I said the numbers simply dont add up re: Priests alt heroes compared to the other 8 classes.

1 Like

Yeah, Maiev can’t be obtained anymore. She was available for 1 year, just like Lunara.

I agree that priest alts are definitely much ‘‘rarer / locked behind paywalls’’ compared to other classes.

I’m assuming the only reason they decided to release a priest alt is because they knew people were complaining about Tyrande being unavailable.

2 Likes

So they introduce one just as bad to quell the masses instead of releasing Tyrande to those who were region locked the first time around? Why can’t Tyrande be the reward for purchasing the $20 adventure, and this troll ('soz i dont know the name) be for the whales?

3 Likes

You know who sets the pricing in a marketplace? It isn’t the company but the consumers in honesty. None of us NEED HS so they price it at a level where profit maximazation occurs in their mind. You and I may not agree with that pricing system but that is where it is priced at.

If they did their due diligence and are constantly market testing/focus group testing pricing structures then the price should be near an optimal rate of return whether or not you or I agree that this is a ‘fair’ price.

I’m personally not a fan of the $80 bundle (whether I choose to buy or not is more in the air) but if that si what the market is willing to exchange for the entertainment value of HS than I can’t argue against the market. If the price is too high then it will/would show in sales numbers. Since this si the 2nd time they’ve run the $50/$80 split I am guessing it did well for Boomsday.

4 Likes

The reason they aren’t making Tyrande available is because this is a Twitch Prime promotion.

They had an agreement with blizzard to make a special portrait, how bad would it look if they suddenly made that promotional piece available to everyone, even those who didn’t participate in such event ?

How about you won’t be having this “fun game” if not for those who spend really money on it. Well I’d say point and logic doesn’t make any sense for someone free loading.

Pretty sure it was Singapore, one of the SEA countries anyway, had a promo last year iirc to buy 40 packs and get Tyrande.

There is no contract, Blizzard owns the IP, they CAN do the right thing. They CHOOSE not to.

1 Like

What’s the point to have promotional content if they just re-release them ?

If they were to re-release Tyrande for the regions that were locked, people outside of these regions would abuse that opportunity to get her.

1 Like

Not sure what your point is. I’ve already experienced this fun game for half a decade. I don’t really need to keep experiencing it. If it continues to go on, great, if it doesn’t why do I care?

I don’t even owe the sorry saps who spent money on the game a thank you, because they spent money on a game to enjoy it more I guess? Not really to provide me with free entertainment.

People abused it the first time around, myself included being Aussie to the number of somewhere around 100 Tyrande codes (given away on the old forums, NOT sold). So why shouldnt those region locked be given a chance at gaining her? If they have to jump through the same hoops I did to get a code, more power to 'em!

Back to the Future is based on a true story. Back to history class :wink:

1 Like

So you’re admitting that people abused the promo. Which is probably why they choose not to re-release her.

If they re-release promos that are supposed to be ‘‘exclusive’’ then allow me to have a second chance at having a golden ETC and golden Gelbin Makkatorque. Might as well give me a chance to get the old season card backs that I missed, I didn’t get them because I had no idea Hearthstone even existed back then.

See how that works ? If you make an exception for Tyrande, you need to make exceptions for everything else.

And do you realise that most people asking for a new shot at acquiring Tyrande weren’t region locked ? They just missed her because they either weren’t playing back then or just didn’t feel like participating the promotion.

I am saying that the promo was abysmally arranged and should never have been approved. 6 countries for a character like Tyrande is a BS promo, period. Its a global game. Their (lies) communication on the issue since that day have been nothing but insulting.

I am don on this topic Bee, no disrespect, its simply one of those topics I get triggered over and as such I am walking away from it now!

3 Likes

Why are you getting triggered over this, you have her anyway don’t you ?

I dont like being lied to. I dont like region locked content (time locked is fine, but not region locked).

YOU might treasure your Tyrande, I do as well, I don’t think that that particular promo was even remotely well thought out for a character with the lore of Tyrande. She should have been made globally available, even if it was gonna be a month long promo.

I guess, I get triggered on principle.

Now I really am done on the topic.

1 Like

Fair enough. Just wondering, were the other twitch promos region locked as well ? The 3 card backs.

Yah, I know who sets the price. The “special” group of people I alluded to earlier who think the pricing is reasonable.

If and when Blizzard decides to take advantage of the shop and provide standalone cosmetic purchases that are not tied to packs much like what they did previously with Magni and the like, I will totally support the game financially.

Until then, I think you know where I stand.

The light/dark or whatever card backs?

No, they werent region locked as by that time Amazon Prime (Video) was available in ~200 countries, not just 6.

If that was true, wouldn’t we have more than 3 alternate heroes currently for sale? Also, two things to consider:

1. Preorders, like any other time-limited event, present an additional incentive to purchase the bundle (because if you don’t buy them soon, they’ll be gone for good).
  2. These preorders are a better deal than the standalone heroes, because you get packs at a cheap (relatively speaking) individual rate. $80 for 80 packs is, by itself, a good deal. The alternate hero is 100% a bonus.
1 Like

I don’t care about cosmetics or preorders: I never have.

I’d just like to be able to make smaller priced purchases to show my support: portraits would be a good way to do that.

But since I’m a POS f2p, I am unworthy to have access to a preordered portrait.

I get it - players that pay are better than me.

1 Like