Let's change Brann together

Rather than a straight up boring mana nerf, let’s try to come up with a fun, powerful yet not broken new effect for Deepminer Brann. I’ll start

• For the rest of the game, your excavate effects trigger twice.

All effect, spells and minions. No highlander requirement.

3 Likes

I don’t particularly like “for the rest of the game” effects. Auras are alright because they have clear durations. The former effects are basically “I win” cards.

2 Likes

Conpletely agree. Literally the opposite of player agency.

5 Likes

“for the rest of the game” cards are flatly bad for the game.
The text should not exist in HS.

2 Likes

Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, your Battlecries trigger twice and cause you to emote “Sorry” for the rest of the game

Count me in xD

I’d pay to be able to spam “I’m sorry” again xD

That was sooo tilting to my enemis, I’m sure the emotes alone won a bunch of games

2 Likes

“Your charge minions have +1 attack”

2 Likes

Brann should not be nerfed at all.

1 Like

For the rest of the game, your Battlecry effects also Excavate.

No. Just maintain it as it is.

1 Like

For the rest of the game, your opponent’s battlecries do not proc.

1 Like

What if Brann worked sort of like a reverse Shudderblock? Instead of your next battlecry triggers three times, your next 3 battlecries trigger twice.

I am not sure whether killing Brann would do much to affect the deck. Sure, the win rate increases by 15% when he is played, but EVERY card in the deck increases the win rate when played. I think you just make Brann cost 10 to make him a huge tempo loss and then nerf 5+ other cards from the deck. I don’t know why a Tier 1 deck had 3 cards buffed and one card returned to the original text, but here we are.

Brann 4 cost, your next battle cry cast twice… Simple fix.

“If your deck started with no duplicates, minions costing five (5) or less trigger their battlecries twice.”

My other suggestion was going to be “… your first battlecry each turn triggers twice,” but that doesnt halt the obscene power of Boomboss, Zilliax or Dr.Boom double battlecries.

Shrug

Deepminer Brann is a lazy design I wont mind if they annihilate it completely and design another highlander card to Warrior instead.

Other cards winrate increases because their battlecry are triggered twice. So you should also consider it. “Such as boomboss, it would have way lower play winrate if it would place only 3 bombs.”

Just change Bumboss to target board, and hand only. or board, and deck only.
Brann isn’t a problem… for now. It’s the x6 more annoying Patchwerk.

2 Likes

50% Brann strikes Azurite crystal source… you win immediately!!
50% Brann strikes Kobold Volcano… you die immediately!!
At least the game ends :smile:

I checked my own stats , and I’ve played against 46 warriors and 41 have gotten Brann by turn 6 and played on turn 6… That’s some good odds…

2 Likes