Let's be real honest here

There are certain cards that should’ve never been added to the game. Shutterwalk, obsidian tier quest, most priest cards, frost lich jaina, etc. I mostly play wild and always make my own decks. I do fairly well sitting over 1000 wins with paladin and over 500 wins with warlock, mage and warrior. There is nothing more frustrating than going up against something so overpowered, the person using it barely has to know how to read to be able to win. I picture most priest players farting and giggling while they just slide any green bordered card to the center and letting the numerous “destroy a minion,” “silence,” and “resurrect” cards do all the work for them with no thought required. If we can add a whole new class let’s get rid of the cards that should’ve never been introduced in the first place. Most of the players that use the cards I’m talking about aren’t that smart. If they were they’d be much higher on the ladder.

2 Likes

I was getting ready for an argument but then…

Realised nobody cares about wild lol

5 Likes

None of these are cards that should never have been printed. Sure, some of them can be annoying, but they’re also pretty cool cards to build decks with. Few decks (IMO) were as fun as Elemental Mage with FLJ as a finisher during the Year of the Raven, and there’s a few Quest Druid decks going around which are pretty fun (in Standard, at least). If your deck is struggling against these cards, you might want to consider either speeding up your clock (vs. Shudderwock/FLJ) or iusing hate cards (vs. Jade Druid).

3 Likes

Bow to your queen! :rage::rage:

2 Likes

I’m surprised you can spell that

Actually I say that the design got pretty lazy with the play X type of minion to upgrade your lategame bomb cards at some point.

Do it one or two times like with yogg and C’thun was cool.

Do it again , again and again but with other types of card to upgrade like with shudderwock ,Tess gremayne and galakround was unnecessary.

As a player I want new stuff and not an redesign of the old strategies.

OK then because they are coming soon. Just because cards are annoying doesn’t mean they shouldn’t exist. They are meme trolling cards anyways.

Shutterwalk sounds like a crappy new dance meme kids do on tik tok.

5 Likes

Doing some Tiktok dance while doing the Shudderwock OTK sounds great.

Shudderwock counters the following:
Fatigue mill architypes with infinite Reno Battlecry
2K Armor Druid
Many other insane stuff
If there are Blades, there should be shields with thorns too. And Shudderwock punishes any crazy decks if you set up a 200/200 one correctly. And remember “MY JAW THAT BITE, MY CLAWS THAT CATCH!” whenever you face a 2K Armor Druid.

Ever jousted a dragon?

I could say the same thing about Jades, Pogo-Hoppers, Alexstrasza. But in truth it’s just preference. At best we would have custom game modes where you can join a group that has banned the cards you hate the most.

Another nerf priest deck in very shoddy disguise.

OP you are correct about everything except one major swap.
It’s a major swap too, but the rest of your post is totally accurate.

The swap is:
“Shudder, silence, resurrect, removal, priest original quest, other priest cards, and FLJ”.

Swap that for
“unbalanced mana cheat packages for each class, aggro or combo”

There, there’s your correction.

WIld isn’t balanced correctly, at all.
What reigns like Russel Crowe?
Mana Cheat.

All mana cheat/
No.

Just the most OP mana cheat combos.

Yea, technically shudder is mana cheat, but lets be honest shudder shaman isn’t doing anything significant ever again as that’s a…turn 10…mana cheat.

Compared to idk, Parachute + deckhand, that’s turn 1.

Idk, Voidcaller is turn 3/4. Skull is 5. Dan is 10.

Waygate is turn 1.
Raza-Anduin is like turn 10 as well, but that class has scream to handle other combo decks. Shaman has devolve, which is amazing but not necessarily in the late game.

Odd-Uther cheats mana on turn 1, and every turn, bc Baku.
Buff Uther doesn’t really cheat mana, it just relies on crystology a draw 2 for 1 mana card, so I guess that deck is fair, even if that one draw card is redic OP. Keep in mind, Sprint costs 7, Cystrology costs 1, and sprint only draws 2 more. Flare costs 2 and draws 1, Cystology costs 1 and draws 2.

Anyway.
Secret Mage cheats a lot of mana early on.
Warlocks are the most predictable mana cheating decks.
Rexxar really can’t cheat mana it just is a weak pirate warrior.

Shamans cheat on 4 with their axe.

I mean I could go on but these are the problem combos that all share 1 characteristic, it’s called mana cheat, and it’s unchecked, so they reign.

Until balance happens, nothing you do with your own brain in the CM matters, bc you’ll lose is you aren’t playing tier-1 mana cheat.

Apparently there’s one guy who builds off Cho, but besides him, and who knows if his cho decks use metamanacheat on top of it, or are organic outside of cho.

So, you see how Shudder, priest cards in general, removal, silence, aren’t the problem? It’s mana cheat. Not FLJ, it’s mana cheat. The packages, they’re unchecked, so we have no room.

So, HS is quittable, like ive 99 percent done.
If this next BP doesn’t address wild mana cheat im outie bc it’s standard + BG is what they want us to do, but if you want to deckbuild in wild, forget about it. Plus, standard doesn’t have room for deckbuilding either, and BG obviously never was deckbuilding it’s just playing meta or losing there.

Deckbuilding truly is almost impossible to get into HS, w/o reg balance, and good balance, outside of month-1 to be generous after an expansion.

Do what I did, quit HS bc they think we like playing meta and not deckbuilding, and/or confuse playing tier-1/2 meta as deckbuilding, and go party w ur friends or do whatever this weekend. Even playing a game where pvp isn’t online, and ruined by youtube, is an upgrade if you care about being an individual. Like, pvp games with a high skill cap, or pve games, or pvp games with lots of manual balance to inject creative space into it until it gets used up like fuel.

Ill be on the tennis court goin “mana” and “cheat” and “no deckbuilding” every time I volley, and surely any passerby’s will know “yup he’s talking about hearthstone”. within the month ill have my post-2003 TV so docked-switch gaming it is, never pvp, unless the pvp is un-youtubable.

Oh, you’re good w youtube?
Probably learned that from hearthstone.

Like HS should be a course, to teach folks how to get familiar with youtube and twitter, webcams, and streaming, and group chat, and slang. That’s about the only benefit this game has at this pt, bc problem solving / deckbuilding both got pushed over the railing on the dance floor downtown at the club.

When they do the next card reveal, if I were a dev, id put a card that helps find / strengthens / or is a new better mana cheat combo in the spotlight. We’d have the innkeeper go “This card will be COMmon on youtube!”. Like, how can these devs make new cards and be like yea ppl are going to deckbuild with these and read them. more like, ok it doesn’t matter what this card does or says after a month it just gets auto copied off youtube and curved.

Youtubing pvp was so 2015 its 1/2 way (thankfully) through 2020 so someday gaming devs will catch on that youtubing pvp was a fad, nobody does it who’s old enough to know anymore. The future is anti-youtube pvp, not, here youtube lets hookup-pvp. Happy 4th

1 Like

I always find this take so odd. Hearthstone was designed from the get go to be an easy mode, accessible card game and it is that. There’s a small handful of decks throughout the years that require skill. Everything else is very straightforward but folks like to pat themselves on the back and pretend that they’re making great decisions.

Sounds like you need to switch to standard where a the cards you’ve listed either cannot be played or see little play outside of the lowest ranks. Problem solved.

How dare you say that about my bunnies?!? Unless I’m missing some tech cards, the Pogos are not OP in Wild. I’ll admit that I may have joined a bit after Pogos may have been annoying in Standard.

It just feels like an auto-loss most of the time because eventually you can’t beat like 30/30 pogo-hoppers anymore. It’s just really, really boring at that point. And I like to play out games and to keep playing to have fun and not rush down the other because they will be summoning 30/30s eventually. I just don’t like the idea behind it. Sorry.

You forgot Filker Skyshiv, Rogues countering thier own class :slightly_smiling_face:

You may enjoy facing my Pogo deck then. I’ve used it in Bronze this season, and I think it has a losing record.

If that would be a neutral card there at least would be a counter for all classes. But it still would be annoying that you basically always then need that only that you have a change against pogo-hoppers. Also you would basically then auto-win against them so that’s also stupid. It’s just a bad design in my opinion. At least for a card you can build your deck around. Could be fun when you randomly get it and make it work though but that’s about it.

What do you mean? One way or another such a deck from my experience is really boring to play against. Either it works and feels rather unstoppable or it’s a complete failure and that’s, at least for me, also really annoying because I want to actually play the game and not just win.