Legendary mercenary rewards bugged

Hi,

I just finished the last “Whisper of the Old God’s” Task (Task 21) but instead of the legendary mercenary reward I got a Jarraxus portrait. However, I was and still am missing the legendary Medivh mercenary.

ALso tried again a few days later with “The Last Guardian” Task 11 but the same thing happened. Got Edwin Portrait instead of the missing legendary merc (Medivh).

So this seems to be a buggy. Therefore could you please fix this and adjust the rewards?

I also raised a ticket with screenshots via the service: Ticket Number: EU84399539

Kind regards,
WiCkEdOnE#2872

1 Like

Sadly enough its not a bug, nothing in mercenaries is duplicate protected.
The reward is a random legendary portrait and if you get reeeeeeeely lucky you get a merc you dont have.
But 99/100 you get a useless portrait instead of what you actually need… sigh.
Same is for merc packs, there is no duplicate protection as far as the sun shines.
Its all about agressive monetizing thats good for Blizzard but bad for the consumer.

That’s too bad. I opened a lot of packs before I got the quests and medivh was the only merc missing. If i had known before i would have done the quests first and then open the packs. At least the chance of getting a merc instead of useless portaits would have been higher. There should be a “no duplicates rule” like they added for the standard heartstone mode…
Thanks for your explanation!