Legend Mentality Versus Everyone Else

It was either June or July, I forget

And I was 68, you said you were higher rank than I’ve ever been, not equal to

I checked every leatherboard from season 131 to season 108 on americas/europe and Asia Pacific, and you ain’t there.

Maybe I missed something so please let us know the page to look it up.

[example]https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/community/leaderboards?region=EU&leaderboardId=standard

Considering a season is like 1 month, july or june should be like 2-3 seasons ago, and you ain’t there :confused: on any leatherboard .

I am sure you play on another account and use this account to post on forums right ?

1 Like

Yes, but worth pointing out that the chess example has a best answer pointing to 1 single move for the turn in question. Hearthstone has often no clear answer at all that leads to 1 definite card move; and I mean not even probabilistically 1 best move; that’s because the future opponent cards may be unknowns unlike chess.

I didn’t finish in the top 100.

It’s aprox ~top800… Since you reached 67 you play so staying in the top 700 something should be hard for players that try to reach legend rank 1.

You cannot even lie properly dude :)…But I guess yea, we will take your word for it…Guess you reached legend 67 first few days then took 20 days leave so that you drop under 700 so we cannot confirm if you are lying or not with the leader boards, right ?

See how easy it is to spot lies when all you do in all your posts is use truisms and when faced with real stuff that you need to put some effort into thinking you fail ?

1 Like

Ranks on the 3rd of September are very contaminated. The rank that matters is the one at the end of the month.

Come and brag to us after the 25th; some great players don’t play for 8 hours a day; they may try to limit it.

I mean that’s fair, but playing to reach rank 67 is not an easy feat so he did play a lot on that assumption, clearly he didn’t fall in 2 days under 700 so that we cannot determine if what he is saying is true

Like I reached rank 10 once and then didn’t have time to play for 2 weeks and ended up in 3k, but I do not think McGoober here reached anything past 7k to even save his life. The only things he does good though is using truisms to state points generally true and pass them down in such a convoluted way that you might think he actually read a book or two in his life and when he get’s beaten down to the ground like it happened with the random algorithm discussion in which by the way he came back with truism string test (that everyone laughed on) to prove that he knows what random is in a discussion about what is random in computer programming.

It doesn’t matter if it was Legend 1. The better players may not have played yet at all. I for one will not respect bragging that happens in those terms; they often brag after they play for more than 8 hours a day for the first hours of the reset; the best players are often limiting their time played precisely to optimize their game plan.

Hmm you lost me, the discussion was that McGoober reached legend 67 because he plays so much better than me, and he is not in any kind of leader boards.

For reference, this occurred from approximately the 10th to the 13th of May. So yeah first half of month but not wicked early speed running the ladder climb either.

Also, I’m not the one who brought this up. You did.

You didn’t say “higher than you’ll ever be at the end of the month,” you said it the way you said it. Stop moving the goalposts.

I did get a couple details wrong here — it was May, not June or July, and I actually did BETTER than I remembered — but I certainly wasn’t lying. Lying means deliberately being wrong, and I was just remembering incorrectly. Believe it or not, I don’t spend all day every day thinking about how good i am at Hearthstone. There is no place in this forum for accusing anyone of being a liar.

That’s because I do. Facts.

Facts : a thing that is known or proved to be true. In your case it’s more of something you tell your self to sleep ok at nights while crying and holding your teddy bear, because in your case it could not be proved true, because you are not in the leader boards and no one knows exactly if you were legend 67. So you saying you are playing much better than me as facts is conceptually wrong.

See it’s easy to beat you with your own arguments when I don’t need to use truisms like you do to prove things that everyone already knows.

1 Like

Best you could do I guess, take someone else’s insult and idea to use it as your own…Since you can barely post anything that is not a truism, I guess it’s pretty much the extent of your limit, technically not even a stretch of your limit since we all know Billi Madison’s insult so technically your post is not far from a truism.

Also I am not moving goalposts and you were not wrong, you were lying because you responded with “you’ve been top 67 legend?” in hopes that you can be smug about. You didn’t get anything wrong, you just bluntly lied about it in hopes that we all jump hoops and wave our hands in the air about your achievement. So you weren’t deliberately wrong (because there is not to be wrong about) you just lied in hopes to get some credit.

Also I am not accusing you of nothing, I am literally proving it, and all you can do is post videos from youtube.

I will continue to beat you with facts for as long as you want, since it seems that your head is thick and doesn’t understand when he should take the L.

I was referring to other forum users. You are generally respectful. Sometimes you get upset but when you think straight you think well.

2 Likes

Man this thread really stayed on track.

All you’ve proven so far is you like insulting people on a video game forums.

Go ahead and hang this “dubs” on your fridge. Your mother would be so proud of you right now.

1 Like

The good player is who dont copy decks from internet and have IQ to make decks on his own and get legend.

1 Like

Disagree.

Good players routinely utilize netdecks as a base, and then modify said base to adjust for their high-level environments. For example - and this is entirely made up just to prove the point - if I’m in the top 10 Legends players worldwide, and NOBODY else even remotely CLOSE to me runs classes that have easy access to weapons, then I really don’t need to be teching that weapon eating snake card “just because” hsreplay calls it a meta include.

You know what I’m saying?

At the same time. To dismiss what “most people” are winning with at any given bracket, “just because” you have personal biases against netdecking, is rather profoundly naive. You’re hating on data aggregation because you think you’re smart enough to not need it.

2 Likes

i have nothing to say about this thread except that his name is Ryan Hart, with no e in the Hart.

Copying someone else’s idea has nothing to do with being a good player. You probably do the same. According to what you write here. " You’re hating on data aggregation because you think you’re smart enough to not need it" — Im every month legend in wild and standard with my own deck. I can say Im legend honestly. Players what copying deck and tell you when you loose “Well played” are ridiculous. I never copy somebody idea becouse I know i can be better and one step ahead, not just in game. That’s the cleverness