Latest Patch Issue: Cards Disappearing from Saved Decks

Since the latest patch update (I updated the Blizzard app and The Hearthstone app) on both my PC desktop and Android phones today (6 Nov 2019), Cards from my saved decks which I have been playing for over a month now are disappearing. Like Vendetta, Pilfer and Safeguard. The card shows as blue and it says I need to Replace the card to complete the deck. I go to my collection instead, remove the blue card, and add the Golden version of the card and save the deck with 30/30 cards. When I restart the app the same problem happens again. Rinse and repeat. Same issue on both PC and android after the update. Iā€™m not able to understand what is going on.

Anyone else face this?

21 Likes

Im having the exact same problem

2 Likes

this problem has expanded to showing one duplicate card being normal and another ghostly in the deck list editing area. So I remove the ghostly card by clicking on it and then an option for some dumb reason shows up asking what I want to replace it with? So I replace it with one of the three options then I delete the replacement and place another card in. Now my deck wonā€™t play in ANY rank or regular play mode in either standard or wild. Ok, so the temp fix is to allow the shadow card that is typically marked duplicate to click on these shadowed cards, then allow the option to replace the cards to pop up and choose one of those three option cards. Problem. If we replace the option card we chose with one of our choosing we get locked out of rank, and casual play mode for both wild and standard.
This all started for me when that new Sathrovarr Demon became available for us to play. The only decks Iā€™m truly having issues with is the decks I added Sathrovaar to. The others seem fine.
But everything Iā€™ve noticed that are in the chain of events are Over populated decks. to under populated decks, to added cardsā€¦ mysteriously added, to not being able to replace the ghost cards that the option is recommending us to replace, to replacing the ghost cards that the option allows us to replace with. This sequence for my decks have been once the changes are made through the proper recommended procedureā€¦then Iā€™m able to play any rank or casual play mode in wild or standardā€¦for about 15 minutes then the deck tells me there is an issue when I get to fatigue and the key cards to handle fatigue are not in my hand or deck. So, I go back to my catalog and edit my deck and my key cards are still there. Then its telling me Iā€™m over my 30 card list and have to start the process of editing the mystery cards all over again.
So is this a halloween bug or did someone not like that Demon and is making all of us pay for that Demonā€™s existence? Inquiry mind wants to knowā€¦ :frowning:

2 Likes

I am having the same error. I temporarily fixed this by adding the suggested card, then removing it, then re-adding my golden version. This is only temporary fix, because the client removed the golden cards from my decks again today. WTF

2 Likes

Same problem for me. All of my basic cards are missing in my collection. Iā€™ve uninstalled and reinstalled many times. This is in android.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been having the same problem, repeatedly, and applying the temporary fixes described above. However, I think the fact that it has occurred at the same time as the introduction of Sathrovarr is a coincidence.
I havenā€™t got Sathrovarr in any of the affected decks, but itā€™s happening exclusively where a deck has a pair of cards where one is normal and the other is gold (because I only have one of each variety in my collection in the case of a couple of my most-used cards).
For some reason, itā€™s showing those decks as short of TWO cards, but once you replace the one card marked as unavailable, that fixes the problem until the next login.
It looks like Blizzard suffered a pretty major cyber-attack earlier in the week, so itā€™s kind of understandable if their resources are too stretched to deal with this as fast as they might usually do.

2 Likes

Similar issue, but mine is worse: when I go to add the card, it says I already have the maximum amount in my deck and will not let me add another. All instances are of a card where I have one copy Golden, and one copy not Golden.

EDIT: I was able to get the second copy added by doing as they said earlier in the thread: add a card, remove it, then add in the other copy of the original card. However, both copies now show as Golden in the deck when I only own one Golden copy.

1 Like

I too am having a similar issues. Itā€™s telling me Iā€™m short 2 cards and when I go to replace them I can only slot one card, when clearly I have two to slot. itā€™s also giving me the option of creating the ā€œmissingā€ card with real dust, which I can and have done, only to find these ā€œmissing cardsā€ re-occurring.

1 Like

I have same problem and iā€™m really mad of this problem!!

1 Like

also having the issue. I only have wild decks and half of them are ā€œmissingā€ 2 - 4 cards.

1 Like

I am having the same problem. No usable decks now :frowning:

1 Like

I am having the same problem

1 Like

Been having the same problem, I also do not have Sathrovarr in any of my decks. Has Blizz acknowledged this issue yet?

1 Like

Same here - golden cards missing from decks, but when I find the ā€œmissingā€ cards in my collection, the deck will show as complete. I also have decks that are showing as complete, but I get a message that they are one card short, even though all cards are showing up, and I canā€™t play them.

1 Like

Same here, golden cards removed by client every time.

The same here. The problem seems to be when you have one gold and one non-gold card in your deck/collection. Quite annoying, because you have to ā€˜fixā€™ decks every time you start the app.

Well, thatā€™s just prime. I already decided I would no longer give Blizzard money. Now, I guess I wonā€™t give it my time either.

I also have this issue.

Decks that have one normal and one gold of the same card are not recognized (decks show 28/30 etcā€¦). To play the deck, I need to remove the gold card, re-add it.

Even then it needs to be repeated next login.

Yes same issue here. Please fix this blizzard

2 days and the problem still exists, and itā€™s the weekend so I guess Blizzard likes a lot of Pissed off customers, just before a new set launch not wise Blizzard.

1 Like