Lack of creativity in decks

For some reason my precious post disappeared. V2.0 is-a-go-go

There are 2 things that frustrate me about this game, one is the RNG part. The other is feeling like there is no room for my creativity.

In most collectable card games there is some room to give your own spin to a deck, but in hearthstone, I feel it’s all locked in beforehand. The issue in this is the way cards are designed; Some cards are clearly designed with another card in mind and in the end, you’ll be forced (or at the very least pushed quite hard) to use that combination.
Worse even: there is a button that creates a standard deck for you. WOW. Can I please create my own deck? - yeah you can, but you won’t win anything. - oh, thx-

So how do we create more creativity? Well… one way to NOT do this is by making a tavern brawl with only 3 cards, causing only 2 decks to be created (Mage, reduce cost- draw- fireball and Rogue, bounce- pogobunny) .

A way to do this is to think outside of the box:
Don’t spoonfeed me combos- make cards with potential but let me figure it out myself.
Make a tavern brawl with one card of each class, and copy that card 4-5 times.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter what the cards are. There will always be optimal configurations. And there will always be people who don’t have the time or inclination to create something from scratch so they use others’ deck lists.

1 Like

I agree, I wish people would actually make fun and creative decks to play. Unfortunately people will always default to what is the easiest to play and win with. Why use a character in a fighting game that uses complex combos to kill a target, or use the cool looking gun in call of duty that took hours to unlock, when you can use that one character who spams a ranged attack, or use that one recoilless 2 shot kill akimbo pistols.

Even magic the gathering and TPTCG also suffers greatly from netdecks. What is even weirder is that I have been friended and yelled at by randos who I beat with silly creative decks. Saying its unfun and stupid that they didn’t know how to counter my creative deck. (It was an anti magic druid deck revolving around troggs and magic resistant minions. I could cast spells but they couldn’t)

1 Like