Kael'thas Sunstrider Challenge Boss

Anyone know what deck is very good against him. I tried many decks and can’t seem to overpower his dumb 5 cost pyroblasts.

Kael’thas cleared my board every round, save one minion rarely, until the pyroblasts began. Then it was over in no more than three rounds. I decided that the only way to win was to OTK or generate so much board that Kael’thas’s perfect cards couldn’t survive.

Galakrond Hourlock was my successful deck. I do not have [Alexstrasza], so my custom deck options were limited. I would post the deck code, but I have recently been testing it in ranked, and plan to use it to climb after the reset next month. More than half of the cards are different than such decks posted online, like Galakrond Enhanced Hourlock popularized in Europe. It has not been performing well, but it is fun; at least the way I built and play it. For the challenge, though, it won on the first try. You might want to try your own custom Hourlock deck, or netdeck the one I mentioned.

Rez priest remove a few cards for quest and add in more healing. I added in the 2/6 lifesteal buff spell to buff anything that sticks water Bar was my fav to stick. Skel dragon is a good target to remove as well as plague of death. I kept a CI in the deck but honestly removing for pw death would be better to deal with pyros or even just silence to stop it returning to hand when 2/2. As ci you don’t want to revive you want the healing cards. I even added radence to heal for 5 for one in a pinch never used in the end.

Defenders are great to as at 10 mana drop it with grav rune and they stick than buff with quest next turn.

He will pyro minions if he dose not have lethal (3 pyros) in his hand making them waste them. Least he always will on minions that heal water and defenders. When he pyros your face use your 2-6 lifesteal card to heal save for that to get above 20 in case he has two pyros still. Setup right now matter how much he blasts your face will be fine and you will res pawn healing minions faster than he can kill using hero power to vary quickly kill him even as once stuff sticks they do a lot of damage.

Rez priest works for every challenge with minion changes for kal and mag as a note.

1 Like

Just beat him a few minutes ago using a reborn/rush warrior deck with Bulward of Azzinoth and 2 Hoard pillager pirates. Seems cheap rush and reborn makes it alot easier since they are not too hard to drop back out when he returns them all to your hand.

I kinda defeated it with all out spell mage. But took a lot of tries though.

just run it out of cards in hand, then the pyroblasts wont do anythings as the boss ai will throw them at your largest minion.

He won’t always as if lethal within the next two turned he will toss at face. He has draw spells so vary easy for him to draw lethal and swap to Face If using that as a strat.

Better to have a way to heal beyond 20 each turn as that dosent matter if he tosses at face when he gets a draw card esp the first few he draws that he won’t play right away till his other moves are used up. As eg trying agro hunter (was one of my early try’s pre Rez priest healing) he clears your board with his mana but by the time turn 5 comes he has a few in his hand and will hit face even if you got board presence and kill you before you kill him thou did get close with agro hunter due to how fast you play but always a hair short.

aggro decks are worthless in the challenges anyways, so thats a bad example

Them being worthless or not dose not make it a bad example.

Your statment is he will go after a minion if you have one with pyro. You don’t mention him having lethal or not mattering or anything else only that he will pyro minions over your face which dose not happen making it bad or worthless advice.

While yes he will pyro a big minion (have never seen him do it on a small) he will never do it wheb he has lethal in the next 2 turns. To the point of him pyroing my face with a 14/16 lifesteal deathwing on the board still was pyroing face as he was holding lethal in 2 turns. Still won with him pyroing me thou due to him leaving my minions thou even if he killed wouldent matter due to rezing them back.

He only goes after minions if he’s missing lethal in the next two turns so as he has draw cards running him out of cards is not a great game plan on its own needs more to it than that.

so how would you get this done in forged in barrens? Or is it a bug that wild decks arent allowed?

I used this deck. Took a few tries but the idea is to control and get the board filled with nzoth.

Custom Priest

Class: Priest

Format: Standard

Year of the Gryphon

2x (0) Raise Dead

2x (1) Draconic Studies

2x (1) Holy Smite

2x (1) Renew

2x (2) Sethekk Veilweaver

2x (2) Wandmaker

2x (3) Apotheosis

1x (3) Archdruid Naralex

2x (3) Palm Reading

2x (3) Venomous Scorpid

2x (4) Hysteria

2x (4) Southsea Scoundrel

1x (4) The Nameless One

1x (4) Xyrella

2x (6) Lightshower Elemental

1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer

1x (7) Soul Mirror

1x (9) N’Zoth, God of the Deep

AAECAa0GBsi+A5vYA5jeA9TtA6bvA8jvAwyTugObugOvugPezAPXzgP+0QPi3gP44wOW6AOa6wOU7wOFnwQA

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone