"It's Shamen all the way down"

Honestly, ladder is ridiculous at the moment. I’ve mainly been playing battlegrounds, but levelling up to rank 10, the ladder is almost nothing but shamen, all playing exactly the same deck. Kind of suggests that the shamen quest is slightly OP, right? I mean, having unlimited AOE at the start of the game, and the ability to clear the board of enemies, and re-fill their own board every single turn, after they have completed the quest, is slightly ridiculous…

1 Like

how is the shaman quest op

when shaman strongest deck doesnt run it ?

Don’t worry new expansion is coming up soon

Update: 9th shamen in a row, currently. Same deck, obviously…
Edit: 10th in a row
Edit: 11th in a row (yes, really)
Edit: 12th - I insta conceded, so not positive it was quest, as I just want to play something else at this point…

1 Like

If you don’t ever play wild, try a couple games. If your high ranked in wild already, don’t bother.

But if you never play it, you’ll have some degree of fun for awhile. An you’ll see more than Shaman. (Hopefully anyway :stuck_out_tongue:)

Yep I do normally play wild, as there is a lot more variety. I can’t believe how bad standard is at the moment. It’s just the same brainless deck over and over again. I’m done with it for tonight - 12 shamen in a row was enough :slight_smile: It’s like a bunch of mindless zombies - hahaha!

It’s pay2win players all the way. The best that money can buy.

Even when it wasn’t as strong, high tier-2 in power, it was still the most played deck. So I would guess there is something to the design of the deck that people like.

Your other examples such as Old Quest Rogue and assuming Secret Shaman is… Paladin (or Mage but doesn’t matter) never retained their play rate once the decks got nerfed or cracked by another deck.

By that logic the top deck would be Druid or Priest and not Shaman. Shaman isn’t nearly as expensive as those two are ><;

Honestly, I would say for 4 of the last 6 metas Wild has been in a better position than Standard.

Shame on the Shaman! :rage:

At least its not that hard to rank up right now, the majority of all Shaman players plays like 15 ranks above what they should be playing. I must agree it sucks facing players making rank 19 mistakes on rank 3 but once Shamanstone is gone they will drop back down.

these are the times when i’m glad i suck at HS and never rank up. hardly any shamans at rank 20 :smiley:

1 Like

are you also glad to miss 500 dust every month?

Being rank five each month nets quite abit of resources though and its not that hard usally push to rank five with troll decks that is fun, of course you suffer more from stale metas because around that rank everyone or at least most of those that try to push Legend goes really heavy on the top meta decks. You rarely face something crazy.

On the bright side your crazy innovations is put up to the test against the current top decks so its all good. So far though I havent found a deck that can reliable beat Shaman. Talking equally skilled here, when I beat a Shaman that did like 15 missplays I really dont count it towards the matchup.

The burst and early game high roll that isnt really that much of a highroll tbh they got so many different mana cheats in their decks makes it so they can maintain a 50/50 against their bad matchups.