Isnt disenchanting cards that have gone to wild supposed to give you a bigger boost?

I remember some friend of mine talking about disenchanting cards that are moved to some sort of pool being worth more.

If not wild, is it the thing called “Hall of fame” or what ever?

Whats the point of that even?

They do for just a small period of time… not forever.

oh so imissed it, meh

You (both of you) are confusing several things.

1. Cards moving to wild because their expansion rotates out. You can disenchant them for the normal value. No bonus.
  2. Cards that get weaker as a result of a balance patch (“nerfed”). These can be disenchanted for their full crafting value for a limited time (usually 2 to 4 weeks after the change).
  3. Cards that are taken out of their normal set and moved to the Hall of Fame set; typically done with cards from the Classic expansion (that would normally always remain in Standard but Blizzard doesn’t want them there anymore). Rarely also with cards from other expansion (that would normally rotate out of Standard once the expansion goes out of Standard, but Blizzard doesn’t want to wait that long). For these cards, every player who possesses at least one copy at the time of the change is given dust equal to the crafting value. But only the the “playable” copies (i.e. at most two copies, or at most one copy of a legendary). And if a player has a mix of golden and plain, then they’ll get the dust for the most expensive ones. You do get to keep the card, and you can choose to disenchant it later, for normal dust value.
    Cards moving to the Hall of Fame is usually done when the first expansion of each year releases (April).

So you know for next time, to get a lot more cards and dust.

We had a round of Hall of Fame additions on March 26, including 2 legendaries. If you owned the cards, you’d get the full dust cost back and get to keep the card (which you can then dust if you don’t care about using them in Wild). This was potentially 8-12k extra dust.

Additionally, a new expansion will usually have rounds of nerfs following it. For the current expansion, many Demon Hunter cards were nerfed and if you kept all your copies beforehand, you could get a lot of dust once they were nerfed, disenchanting them for full cost. This lasts 2 weeks.

1 Like

I always disenchant cards when theres nerf or rotation. Gives tons of dust as you said ^^ especially if the cards are shiny :open_mouth: