Iskar AMA for 9/17

not too much new here

-On Classic Mode: Was a cool moment that became less popular pretty quickly. They expected this. They are going to add Naxx to Classic '14 mode, just settling on timing.

-They have a pretty good idea of what the Core set for next year will be.

-Interest in an alternate Wild mode with a rotation system (Think: Arena) has been gaining steam and getting enough interest from players that they are now considering it. it’s an easy implement. Iksar feels most players don’t have the cards to support the format, and doesn’t want people to feel incentivized to spend a ton of money on old packs. but if people keep asking for it, theyll do it…

-They are just scratching the surface with Battlegrounds cosmetics. says he wants more earnable/free cosmetics

-purchasable battle-ready decks will be coming back to the shop.

-sounds like they are going to add another Legendary cardback for players that have at any point achieved #1 Legend. would be given retroactively.

1 Like

I see nothing about addressing how broken Quest Lines are and how it has completely screwed the power curve.

When you say “rotation system”, can you explain that?
This is my only card game ever played and I am not familiar.

randomised sets are legal in the format
maybe 3 or 4 xpacs and and adventure or somehitn like tghat

1 Like

Are they chosen each expansion or??

duration doesnt matter
but should be before a meta can fully form
so mayb 2 or 3 months between rotations

3 Likes

Can you give an example of how it works? I’m still not following.

this month legal sets are:

old gods
ungoro
brm
loe

next months are:

mean streets
tgt
rr
naxx

3 Likes

Oh. Well that sounds like it could be really fun!
Tysvm for explaining:)

1 Like

I been suggesting this rotation mode for YEARS.

2 Likes

You and me both!

Now can we understand they will have to ban cards in this format? And not throw a tantrum about it?

Maybe because everyone knows there’s nerf patch coming

1 Like

I wonder how this new rotation system format will work.
Will the expansions be chosen randomly or based on when they appeared? I would love to play in past metas(really miss playing the old C’thun at a competitive level) but at the same time I wonder how the meta would be in a Kotft + Scholomance (or any other combination).

as long as the pure wild format remains playable, I won’t mind this additional format; I’ll just don’t play it if I don’t have the cards

wild will be there. this would be its own format.

i want to play my wild card, but wild format is just too much.

a rotation system, with only a handful of sets at a time mixing and matching era would make playing wild card a lot more palatable

Yeah, I think it would be cool to see decks that never existed in the past pop up, using cards from sets that were never in standard together or were outclassed by stronger decks.

1 Like