Is the Mysterious Stranger Bugged?

I know there was a hotfix but I’m convinced something broke. I thought there weren’t supposed to be any changes to the rates at higher level content. I’ve spent 3 hours on the FINAL BOSS, in blackrock. I’ve easily ran it 10 times, comp being VAX where they’ve all gotten task 10+ already, i’m leveling brightwing, and im carrying lich king whos finished task 3 and varden whos finished his task 7. I’d really like to get lich king’s 7 but im starting to think its impossible. This 3 hours is only just from today. I’m on 10 hours of PVE gameplay now with 0 strangers. i’ve done nothing lower level than normal banehollow. In the last 3 hours i’ve had Portal 3 times in a row, where 2 of them were 1 step before the boss ( this is stupid and shouldnt even be an option btw, what an actual waste of a mystery we work to get to. ) Then a Sabotage and nothing but bombs since then. I want to play games like this specifically for PVP. I don’t want to spend the next week in PVE just to get task 7, before I can play a SINGLE game of PVP to make the comp I want to run viable because lich king NEEEEEEDS task 7. This is actually mentally retarded.

And Blizzard, i cant believe you all didnt think of the most simple solution to this problem. You want people to do high end content with their higher level comps. And people need to be able to complete their tasks in order to even play PVP. Why not just make Heroic Blackrock bosses give tasks gauranteed!? Its the same as getting loot from a boss drop in WoW. These tasks are things that HAVE to be done but its random if you can even do it because of this mysterious stranger nonsense. That’s actually stupid. There’s tons of players who only have interest in PVP and you’ve locked things behind RNG in PVE. Thats a great way to get people to never play your game mode. The only way to even be viable is spend 16 hours a day farming, and thats not even an exaggeration. I’ve had multiple days in the last week i’ve farmed for 10 hours a day and im way behind. And if we imagine that new champs will be added during most expansions, we can guess a 4 month time frame between expansions. And at the rate most casual players play, it’ll be that full 4 months before they can even get 1 comp maxed. Meaning casual players can’t even touch PVP, ever. Seriously just change it so that tasks are given out guaranteed somehow. I like my idea personally, it makes the most sense.

6 Likes

8 runs 29 lvl =1 MS today…so Yeah. But don´t worry Lizzard ad task for wallets :wink:

Something weird happened the days after the initial nerf. When Rarran put out his video that Level 28 Felwood was the new spot, I tried it and was getting a good rate of MS. Then today the rate seems to have gone way down but I just thought it was small sample size.

1 Like

they can change the odds from server side.

blue portal, hot potato and sabotage doesn’t exist day 1 of mercenaries.
they add it from server side.

I did more than ten runs today and I felt like I made very little progress. I would like to experience PvP with a decent comp, but I know I will not have much more patience with this current grind rate.

If improvements do not come lightning fast I am out, and I will vow to go F2P for year or two to retaliate being subjected to this level of frustration.

1 Like

i feel your pain,
hence i never farming daily task again after that hotfixes.

i guessed where this will goes based on that hotfixes and my guess were spot on.
i basically just doing 3 daily task and 6 pvp win and done with it.

not gonna bother to do another 50 PVP win just like before,
i waited between 4 minute and 9 minute on average.

where my previous waiting time is basically 3 minute and 6 minute.

edit : screenshot incoming for 9 minute queue

2 Likes

By your PvP rating, I see you put a real effort into it.

I am going to guess that you bought some bundles to put together a comp to do that well this early into the release—or you got amazing lucky with your pack openings as a F2P player.

It’s obviously that this issue impacts more than just the F2P players. As a F2P player, I can walk away mad at my Mercenaries experience at any time, and then commit to not spending money on other areas of Hearthstone out of “saltiness,” but P2P players are also looking at a lot grinding or a lot of pack buying with some serious diminishing return issues for opening packs beyond 80 to 90 packs.

Ultimately, it’s looking like P2P players might be left holding a bag of playing bots with very long queue times.

here is my answer to your guess.

is the screenshot link still available ?
some might find it crazy playing with 0 upgrade and 0 equipment.

first legendary from the first 10 packs is anduin.

Ya, I looked at all three of the screenshots that you posted above.

I was pondering Guff today, thinking it was perhaps a more complicated, but worthwhile Hero to play in a Nature comp. Cairne is one the most impactful heroes in PVP, and one the Heroes that I am trying to max out. My Morgl is level 8, and my Brightwing recently hit 30. I think the inclusion of Morgl is one the more interesting things to your comp.

I was tempted to focus on PvP right away because I thought it would be possible to get to a 7500 or higher rating just from fighting bots, but decided that I would rather put together a decent comp and fight other players.

Xyrella and Samuro were my first two Heroes to get maxed out, since they were so good together to farm with. Bru’Kan got maxed because of all the level 28 Felwood runs that I have done. Cairne and Diablo are all 3 to 5 upgrades from being maxed out. So I put a lot of time in as F2P to make that amount progress.

I want try a Nature or Fire comp in PvP, but I am a very long way from making those comps viable.

it’s currently impossible to reach 7500 with only bots.
bot’s match up is disabled when external / internal rating reach 7000.

i read it on some official article.

Ah that explains, in part, your very lengthy queue times, in comparison to my 3 minute queue times in the zone of a 6600 to 6800 rating, but I only play a few test PvP matches each day.

So I have had better luck getting MS from a couple of other bounties including Winterspring 1 and Heroic Felwood 3.

Using Anduin and Tirion in parties now to get to tasks.

I’ve not really been focusing on climbing in PvP, but got my 6000 rating chest now.