Is spellburst only once a turn per minion or can it be multiple times? Also under card sets they show Galakrond's Awakening as a set but I do not see it in the store so what is the deal?

As title says Is spellburst only once a turn per minion or can it be multiple times? Also under card sets they show Galakrond’s Awakening as a set but I do not see it in the store so what is the deal?

Spellburst is once in a minion’s lifetime.
Example: I play Headmaster Kel’Thuzad into Shadow Word Ruin, and take my opponents big minions. Kel’Thuzad’s spellburst is now used up, and he’s effectively a vanilla 4/6.

Galakrond’s Awakening is an Adventure, you can buy it in the shop with all the other adventures. You get new cards as you play through it, and it can be bought for gold or money. The cards you get can only be crafted if you have the adventure purchased and have unlocked them through playing it.

2 Likes

That is strange, I played someone that had a spellburst that was return the spell to your hand as the spellburst and they did that 3 times before I made killing the damn thing my #1 goal.

Also I know if the spellburst is play a spell on a minion then cards that affect the whole board do not trigger it’s spellburst (holy nova) so I was wondering what the rule was.

Part 2:

First, the adventures can be bought with gold? I thought it was only cash.

Second, so any of the cards shown under Galakrond’s Awakening can not be gotten from the DoD card set unless “the card is listed under both the Galakrond’s Awakening as well as the DoD”. Is this correct?

Third, does this mean that I could get the old adventures and then get the cards from them?

Fourth, you may not know the answer to this but what happens if during one of the adventures if the card they are programmed to give you is one you already have? Take Galakrond’s Awakening for example I do not have that adventure, but I have 2 shield of Galakrond already?

EDIT: Just checked the adventures are CASH ONLY.

Anyone can craft cards from wild adventures, though you can’t buy the adventures with gold. Think of spellburst like a battlecry: it can’t trigger more than once on a minion, but if you return the minion to your hand or resummon it, the Spellburst is refreshed.
Galakrond’s Awakening can be bought with gold.

1 Like

Are you talking about Pen Flinger? (Battlecry: Deal 1 damage: Spellburst: Return this to your hand)
When a card moves “backwards” (graveyard → board → hand → deck), it loses all changes and becomes a vanilla version of itself again. So this minion will once more be able to activate its Spellburst after being played again.

If you are talking about Diligent Notetaker (Spellburst: Return the spell to your hand), then this would be a bug. It should return the first spell cast after it is played to your hand, then lose the Spellburst facility.

That said, if this minion is played and then the owner casts Molten Reflection (“Choose a friendly minion. Summon a copy of it”), then the original minion will return the spell to hand and lose its Spellburst, but the copy will have its Spellburst. This is a weird interaction caused by (1) spellburst triggering after the spell has resolved (so after the copy is created); but (2) the game determining what needs to be done at the start of the phase (so the new copy doesn’t immediately trigger its spellburst because it wasn’t on the board yet when the spell was cast).

Not sure what you’re saying here. If you cast Holy Nova with a Spellburst minion (or weapon) on your side of the board, then the Spellburst should trigger. The only exception is when the Spellburst minion died as a result of the spell itself (which in the case of Holy Nova is only possible if your opponent had some nasty Deathrattles, or the Pressure Plate secret).

For the adventures that are more than two years old this might or might not be true. Honestly, no idea; I believe you when you say that you saw it’s cash only.
Cards earned through these adventure can now be crafted from dust, so you don’t need the adventure to get those cards.

The new Galakrond adventure, however, CAN definitely be bought with gold. (And cards awarded by this adventure cannot be crafted at this time; buying and playing the adventure is the only way to get them).

There are no cards that are listed on both Galakrond’s Awakening as well as Descent of Dragons.

Yes. But as said, you can also craft those cards from dust.
And do keep in mind that all cards that were rewards from the old adventures can only be used in Wild mode.

I assume you get the two copies that you would also have gotten if you don’t have the card. Never tested, though.

Shield of Galakrond is not a reward card from Galakrond’s Awakening. It’s a card from Descent of Dragons. Every players gets 2 copies of this card for free upon opening their first Descent of Dragons pack.

It was Diligent Notetaker not Pen Flinger, however I do not recall if he played Molten Reflection so at the moment I can not say if it was a bug or that interaction you mentioned. On holy nova, the spellburst was on my side, they didn’t have a trap or death-rattle kill the spellburst minion, my spellburst minion was still they’re for 2 more turns.

I know that blizzard never checks or tests their code which is why I am seeing more bugs than I can keep track of like mutate not working if a non-counter trap triggers. Like my sea giant when they triggered a Pressure Plate Secret, the plate killed a different minion but the mutate never activated and the card was still taken from my hand. Or Murozond the Inifite not completely working, it is no longer replaying the spell cards that the opponent played during that turn only the creatures and the battle cries do not activate.

But I know even if I post about the bugs I know that Blizzard will never do their job or even respond like they always do. And yet they will quickly delete my entire post because I said Blizzard was (**competent) so much for my first amendment rights, the divine gods from Silicon Valley have decreed that we only get the rights they say we do, which would be none. The fact that democrats are so worried about Trump when Blizzard makes China look like the definition of freedom of speech is beyond sad.

Moving on, I did not remember when I got the two Shield of Galakrond so I guess I was wrong as to when I received them.

“The new Galakrond adventure, however, CAN definitely be bought with gold.”

How? The shop only shows CASH for the current 3 adventures and does not even list any past ones.

Also, what is with people disconnecting in ranked when they are starting to lose? Does it not count as a loss if you disconnect before the match ends or what?

And which Spellburst minion was it?
Do you perhaps have screenshots? Or a link to the game on hsreplay?

If you want serious communication, I suggest not including this kind of nonsense.
If you just want to vent, that’s okay. I won’t bother you then.

If you post at the Bug Report forum, preferably including screenshots or an hsreplay.net link, then they will see it, and add it to the workload of the developers to check and to try to fix. You are right that they won’t respond, though. I’d like to see more communication and acknowledgement from Blizzard but I don’t make their policies.
However, if you complain about bugs in the New Player Tavern, then you are indeed absolutely right in your prediction that they won’t do anything about it. Just as when you complain about those bugs to your neighbour, for instance.

If you go into my house and start insulting me, I’ll throw you out of my house.
If you go into Blizzard’s house and start insulting them … I guess you can fill in the blanks.

You mean the amendment that starts with the text “Congress shall make no law …”
If Blizzard is now congress, and a Forum Code of Conduct is now a law, I must have missed some important news broadcasts.

Blizzard has every right to set and enforce limitations on what can and cannot be said on their forums. You agreed to the terms and condition when you created your account.

You can go to Solo Adventures, click on a chapter you want to play, click Unlock, then click the “unlock single chapter” option on the left, to be offered a choice of paying in cash or in gold.
You’ll need to do this for each chapter, and I think you have to finish earlier chapters first.

I assume they are rage-quitting. Or perhaps they hope you will concede as you wait for their turn to time out.

1 Like

Now that Blizzard is done silencing me again,

1. I have no recording of this issue, because this was before I knew how spellburst worked. But I know the card because I have 5 of him the Crimson HOTHEAD dragon, which gets taunt when spellburst is used.

2&3&4) Out of the 5 tickets and at least 12 posts just to Blizzard Support a miracle happened yesterday, someone actually did their job :smiley:

They answered where Imgur was part of blizzards site or not. That response/answer is the first serious communication ever from Blizzard.

Before this they never answer the question that was ask, ever, not even once.

Never read a word of what I wrote, not even 1 single word. It did not matter if it was the 5 detailed pages I sent them or the 2 sentences or the 733 words I sent last week they still did not read any of it. Blizzards completely off topic responses prove that they did not read any of it, see lower in post. With 4 to 5 responses from different Blizzard employees, without a single one ever reading any of it. Then they had the gall to mark it as answered when they never even read it.

They even once told me that Blizzard Support does not ever do a single thing, ever, not even compile a list of problems for someone to look into and that was when everyone was being locked out of things (I think it was arena) because they did not have the new demon hunter hero at the right level even thou the new demon hunter hero was not even out yet! (Which they never did fix I would add, they waited till he was released then just said go level him, which is one of the many reasons they are not competent, I could have fixed that bug and I am not a programmer.)

Before the miracle happened, they did not even read 1 word of the 733 words I wrote them, I can prove that they did not read a single word became their response had nothing to do with what I wrote.

And I quote "
Caeysae
Hi Michael,

Game Master Caeyase here and if you are referring to a bug with Hearthstone then you can simply upload your information on our Bug site here: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/hearthstone/c/bug-report/8

Thanks o/
5 days ago
Michael
WOW! 2 days and yet you still do not read a single god damn word of it. "

His response had nothing to do with the Imgur question which was the question asked, whether Imgur was part of blizzards site or not. His response had nothing to do with anything I wrote proving he never read any of it!

So, before the miracle happened, Blizzard was not even capable of serious communication they have proved that many times. I am not joking about that either as I showed above Blizzard has never even read what I wrote and that is the standard with Blizzard, always. Please note: The 5 tickets and at least 12 posts were just to Blizzard Support that does not even count posts to Bug Report forum or New Player Tavern or General Discussion or anywhere else. They have never fixed anything I have seen ever during these 9 months.

Also, it is not an insult if it is a fact, that is like saying you are insulting me by calling me white, it is simply a fact not an insult.

1. A lot of those amendments apply regardless of whether it is a person, company, or congress but you would have to ask a lawyer about which ones.

Also, those “You agreed to the terms and condition when you created your account.” have been overturned and thrown out by courts a number of times because what was in the terms and conditions infringed on law given rights or were just ridiculous(IE: the judge said that is absurd and just through it out).

1. Thank you found where it was, 700 a chapter (1 of 5) is a bit high, but still thank you.

2. I also assume they are rage-quitting which means they need to grow a spine because it ruins the game for other people when they rage-quit, the other player does not even get to play out the strategy they had.

Edit: Forgot to add a list of the different bugs and cards that suddenly do not work right with the new expansion to the list of reasons Blizzard is not in the competent category.

Worth noting that of you cast a spell but it can’t trigger like: using arcane intellect with kel’thuzad on the board, the spellburst trigger. still gets devoured

Eliminates some pays like kel’thuzad+coin+blizzard

Good to know, I have also seen that duplication cards, like soul split and mirror image do keep track of the spellburst so if the original had spellburst but used it, then the copy’s can not use spellburst.