Is Gigafin working as intended?

Hey there. I’ve been playing with Gigafin lately, and I’ve noticed that when he eats the minions on board he is triggering their deathrattles. I don’t recall this happening. Just now I was fighting a Rogue who got the Rat King. The Rat King was dormant with 1/5 needed to revive. When I played Gigafin and ate his board his Rat King revived. A similar situation happened when fighting a hunter who played the polar bear. The polar bear’s deathrattle triggered when I played Gigafin, treating it like I killed him.

Gigafin’s “Devour” effect is just a colourful Destroy effect. Destroyed cards will trigger their Deathrattles.

The Rat King, while Dormant, can’t be interacted with, so it can’t be Destroyed.

2 Likes

Are you sure? Because I don’t remember it triggering deathrattles before this patch. And it seems odd since they get spit back out. It shouldn’t trigger any deathrattles.

1 Like

Yes.

You’re simply misremembering.

Destroy effects trigger Deathrattles.

Gigafin’s Battlecry destroys all enemy minions
https://hearthstone.fandom.com/wiki/Gigafin#Notes

K. Thanks for the info. A bit curt though.

1 Like

I don’t enjoy repeating myself. All pertinent information was contained in my original reply.

And people sometimes don’t know what they’re talking about. Don’t have so much of an ego if you’re helping people out on a forum.

1 Like

im not 100% sure but i think it was working like this since release ( while doing achievement i remember some dr priest case with the 2-6 that instakilled gigafin or gigafin maw when “devoured” , but yeah the word Devour can be misleading …
I always thing about Mutanus the Devourer , but mutanus use “Eat”.

Probabily they used Devour just becouse you can make them free with the Spit deathrattle instead if they write Destroy they need to use Revive for the deathrattle effect.

OK just met this guy, 2 battlea in a row, and I kill Gigafin, who decoured a bunch of minions the previois round. But he spat out zero minions when I killed him. So I’d say it bugged out and totally overpowered and needs alook into asap

1. This is unrelated to the post you replied to, you should make a new post for a new bug.

2. Most likely you destroyed Gigafin’s Maw first, which permanently destroys the minions inside Gigafin.

1 Like