[iPad Pro 2020] Can’t reach login screen

Using iPad Pro 2020, install app it checks for updates and runs the intro video. Initial tutorial is playable, but when I try and sign in I get the hearthstone logo pulsing forever.

I have reinstalled the app 3 times and have tried two different internet connections and still have this problem.

1 Like

Absolutely agree; it’s the same for me on my 12.9" iPad Pro 2020. I opened a support ticket and they just couldn’t understand what I meant. They kept trying to get me to sign in to a different region or try signing in via Facebook. I can’t sign in at all as any user: I’m never prompted for a login.

It can’t have anything to do with my account because they don’t know who I am yet. I can log in to the Android app on my Pixel 3 and via the PC client as well with no trouble whatsoever.

Extremely frustrating.

1 Like

I was also having this issue on my iPhone 7+. The game was completely unplayable on mobile.

I’ve read many of the prior threads on this topic and none of the suggestions inside of them seem to work including reinstall, cache wipe, playing the tutorial, switching from wifi to lte, rotating the screen, etc.

Something that JUST worked for me was disabling any traffic filtering. I had a VPN (NextDNS) enabled on my phone and I had to turn it off for this to work.

Thank you for the reports! I renamed this thread so we can try and get some traction for the new iPad Pro 2020 if there are any trending issues.

@fracturetrey, are you able to try a different connection to test? Usually, mobile devices run into this problem due to a connection related issue. I want to confirm if it’s the same issue as OPs.

I’ll continue to monitor this thread and keep an eye for any issues our team finds. We may need more information later on and I’ll request it on this thread :slight_smile: If anyone else is experiencing the same issue on the iPad Pro 2020, please report this on this thread and whether or not another connection or other devices experience the issue.

Thanks again for your reports!

There is currently a known issue with iOS devices with 2-3GB of RAM or less. If you have a different device other than the iPad Pro 2020 with around 2-3 GB of RAM, please refer to this thread instead.

I’ve had issues with the same things at first. But now the app is crashing while playing the adventures. While playing the puzzles, if I’m stuck and reset, the game crashes. When I reopen, it reconnects back to the game but still crashes

I don’t use a VPN, but I do use a PiHole DNS server to block ads. It looks like after clicking Sign In, my iPad was making a request for googletagmanager dot com which was being blocked by the PiHole. Once I whitelisted that domain, the sign-in page loaded and I was able to log in.

I’m glad it’s resolved, but it’s an unfortunate and seemingly unnecessary dependency that I must send analytics to Google to play a Blizzard game. :unamused:

3 Likes

@fracturetrey Thanks this helped me :smiley:

Any news on this topic?? Can´t reach login form. The logo continues glowing but nothing happens.

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.