Introducing meme deck: Beatboxer rogue

I was trying to find creative avenues to playing rogue and I noticed a pretty (bad) package us rogues have never really used: the combo package from FoL. I thought it might be time to take it for a spin and see what can be done with it now that we have access to more combo cards than ever and some interesting Sonya potential. After trying multiple things I have come up with something that, while isn’t really going to become meta anytime soon, does actually feel surprisingly solid, at least conceptually. Like it’s missing something to be actually viable, but isn’t as far as you would imagine.

Click here for deck list

Combo

Class: Rogue

Format: Standard

Year of the Pegasus

2x (0) Preparation

2x (0) Shadowstep

2x (1) Breakdance

2x (1) Frequency Oscillator

2x (2) Disc Jockey

2x (2) Pit Stop

2x (3) Bargain Bin Buccaneer

2x (3) Beatboxer

2x (3) Raiding Party

2x (3) Record Scratcher

2x (3) Rhyme Spinner

2x (4) Dubious Purchase

2x (4) Elven Minstrel

1x (4) Puppetmaster Dorian

1x (4) Sonya Waterdancer

2x (5) Sandbox Scoundrel

AAECAZvDAwKKqAaxwQYO9p8E958E9MEFwcMFzMMF38MF6MMF2dAFwPgFofwFwKgGs6kGtrUGkeYGAAA=

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Deck works like this: you use Raiding Party to draw a couple pirates (either Scoundrels for combo or bargain bins for tempo/control) and your record scratcher. You pump up your scratcher with combo cards, making use of the synergy between disc jockey and frequency oscillator. Use pit stop to find whatever bot you need. Drop Dorian after a Sandbox Scoundrel or breaking record scratcher for mana cheat and then either an elven mistrel or a pit stop to get 1 mana Beatboxer or a chance for 1 mana Sonya. Then use sonya to either make a beatboxer spam or, less ideally, a rhyme spinner spam with breakdance spam.

Now, this doesn’t make a competitive deck but it sure is fun to play and feels actually kinda like a well put together concept. It’s missing something to really click but I was very surprised how nice it all feels (despite my multiple losses with it, meme deck as this is). So, if anyone has a better idea to make something out of the combo package, I’d be very interested to hear.

Edit: after some thought, it might be better to swap Oh Manager! for Dubious Purchase for consistency. I edited the list with this change.

Edit2: Ok guys after the latest change I am… winning with this? Like not bad at all ngl, and I am pulling all sorts of dumb stuff with this. Definitely not about to break the meta but… this is playable? Lol

It does take quite a bit of getting used to when piloting but I am having a blast

2 Likes

Glad to see the deck Wronchi showed off for FoL still works