Infinite turns = Broken game

Please do something about infinite turn combos like Warlock endlessly buffing with free Snip Snaps. Every time I see some troll burning through my turn because theirs never ends, it’s a clear reminder of how much this game has devolved over the last few expansions. Do your jobs and keep the game fair…or don’t and watch your player base continue to shrink.

4 Likes

Blizzard: “Working as intended. Thank you for you input!”

1 Like

Or have the rope timer actually work and stop you in the middle of your play. I’ve seen some of those matches from watching streamers. How they manage to do all that with the rope still burning away ready to stop (but doesn’t actually) is beyond me.

1 Like

What happens is the rope actually does burn out for them, but on your side, it doesn’t look like it because all the animations have to play out before you can start your turn. So, in order to give you your full turn, the rope just continues to burn until all animations play out. This used to be a problem a few years ago with some broken Nozdormu type decks, if I recall correctly. The animations for certain things would last longer than what your turn would allow, and by the time the animations were done, your turn was over already. At least now you still get your full turn after that many animations have to play out.

7 Likes

AlienOne explains it. This has to do with different things being shown for active player and opponent, different order of things shown for active player and opponent, and different animation speed depending on device used.

1. Different things shown: When your opponent plays a card, you first see that card (top left corner) for about a second or so, then its animation starts. That short delay serves to enable you to read the card. You can shorten this by clicking on the card after you have seen it.
  2. Different order shown: When it’s your turn, you can play cards from hand as fast as you want to, without having to wait for the previous animation to finish. So let’s say you have +2 spell damage and four copies of Arcane Missiles in hand, then you can drag these to the center in less than 2 seconds, but then it takes much longer for the four times (3+2=) 5 missiles to animate. Especially if they hit a target that does something when triggered. But while this is working, you can just go ahead and play a few minions. Your opponent will see this in a very different order. They will see the first Arcane Missiles, then the 5 missiles, then the second (and somewhere during that time they will see a red arrow appear when you drag a minion to the board), then 5 missiles again, etc. If you started this sequence near the end of the rope, then you would PLAY your cards before the rope explodes, but the animation would finish a lot later. Especially for the opponent.
    Another example in this same section is cards that are generated as a result of a long animation. Let’s say you play Shudderwock. It plays 10 battlecries, lasting 2 seconds each. That’s 20 seconds total. The third battlecry adds a spell to your hand. You would receive that spell in hand as soon as that battlecry is repeated, so after 6 seconds. Let’s say you like it and after 1 second thought decide to play it. That would be 7 seconds after you played Shudderwock. If you played him 10 seconds before the rope ends, that would be within your turn. However, your opponent will first see all 10 repeated battlecries, and will then see you play that spell - 10 seconds after your turn should have been over.
  3. Different speed. I still remember when I upgraded my laptop, and suddenly casting Lightning Storm didn’t take 30 seconds of my turn anymore. Some animations simply take a lot of processor power, and better devices play them faster than older devices.
    Let’s say you have a good and fast laptop, and you play me but I am now on my two year old phone instead of on my laptop. Would you consider it fair if your turn was shortened because I choose to play on a device that can’t animate as fast as yours? I assume not. So then you’ll have to accept the flip side of this, which is that if your opponent has an even faster machine, they might have an advantage over you.
5 Likes

More like fix infinite animations, there’s some combos that can make animations go endlessly.

Maybe it’s just the animations. But how can I die from fatigue in the 4. round when we were playing in Tavern Brawl with infinite cards?
https://youtu.be/EYeY4-0gX6U

Infinite turns? Good sir, I think you are confused. These are the HEARTHSTONE forums. Not the MAgic the Gathering Forums. You wanna know aobut Infinit turns? Go check out mtg.

2 Likes

No idea whether it is intended or not, but the deck in this Tavern Brawl is refilled when a player draws the last card. Not when a player burns the last card due to their hand being full.
So yes, it is possible to mill your opponent if you make sure to force them to draw the last card when their hand is already full.

Right up there with

Priest

Oh I always have an injured Blademaster at the start of the game as I do Cricle of Healing.

Oh I am a 4/7 on the turn I come out. Oh Look - DBL Health Inner fire. Now drop that Tol’ver and SMOrc your way to GG. What? You didn’t get your answer card in the first 4 turns of the game? Oh well I win!

“Taste my steel?” No No No No

“Taste my skee’ill?” Yeah yeah yeah yeah

A lot skill to hearthstone. Flop that pattern 1 2 3 RNG I win.

1 Like

Meh, I play warlock, but demo instead of sn1p sn4p. So far I’ve found mages to be much worse than sn1p sn4p locks. Against a mage, anything I cast, counter spelled, sheeped, vaporized. I’m dead in 4 turns.

Where as the warlock need at least 5 turns, + a mech on the table to otk. which at least gives you a chance to counter, it doesn’t make a difference what i try to do. I tried the sn1p otk deck as well, it was fun for a little bit but it’s more of a cheese strat than anything else, you can’t consistently get the necessary cards.

Not to mention shamans, hunters, and paladins. If left unchecked you are dead in 3 turns.

Why don’t we talk about the real problem: the broken priest grave horror, test subject, radiant combo.

At least with the other ones, you have the opportunity to play the game.

1 Like

Just tried the sn1p sn4p deck again, fought an disconnected paladin, took me 6 turns to kill him while he’s disconnected…

Just played another against a paladin, got all cards I needed by turn 2, but he killed me by turn 3.

I’m playing my warlock vs a paladin named your opponent . I am able to move my cards he hasn’t taken a turn yes it on 10 mins of wait im just come back and forth on it thanks blizzard I’m sure you won’t fix this any time soon

2 Likes