Improper/Wrong Flagging (Abuse)

“If you open your wallet you can become just as skilled as others who opened their wallets”

“Sir, this is a Wendy’s”

Both of these comments of mine were removed because “certain members among you” improperly/wrongly flagged them as “trolling”.

Now, I don’t particularly care. I have some free time at work right now so I figured I’d address this seeming issue.

The Wendy’s one, okay fine, it was a meme/joke and if that upset you so much to report/remove it, so be it.

But the wallet one, wasn’t trolling at all. It was 100% true that if you opened your wallet, you too could become as “skilled” as someone else (this was speaking to Zilliax, iirc). So why report this? Please be better, those of you who have it out for me for whatever reason. I understand you may not like me or like what I say, but that doesn’t mean you should go around getting my contributions removed. Thank you, God Bless :raised_hands:

2 Likes

I agree that the wallet comment isn’t trolling. It’s incredibly wrong, skill in the game demonstrably exists and can’t be bought, but it isn’t a violation of the code of conduct from what I can see.

For what it’s worth I also semi-regularly have completely innocuous posts flagged and removed for no reason. At the same time I can make far spicier posts elsewhere and they’re left alone. Some people just mass flag you if you dare disagree with them. Terrible people.

1 Like

The truth is, people confuse the flag system for the long removed dislike button.

And doing do is an abuse of the report system. These abuses of the report system couldn’t happen without the mods’ support, because they are the ones who have to remove the post. And abusing the report system is against the coc, and it’s clear they aren’t actioning those involved, and just rubber stamping the automated system sends their way (botting!).

And of course, the mass flagger(s), who have been doing dirty work for the company here on the forums for some time now. So it’s clear why they won’t action that person or persons.

Spamming or Trolling

• Abusing the Reported Post feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, they will:

• Be given a temporary or permanent ban from the forums, depending upon severity

There are definitely people here who know how to game the system and abuse the report function to surpress comments they don’t like.

Forum reviews seem to happen only once a day. In the times between, after a sufficient number of reports will automatically flag the post for surpression hidden status until a manual review is done. I would also not discount the possiblity of brigading or multiple account abuse.

Blizzard doesn’t fix the bugs reported in direct bug reports, reddit posts, or youtuber videos. The idea they would put resources into forum action abuse is a laugh.

2 Likes