Implement Auto-Squelch Toggle

As I did until I was told his opinion > my opinion. Thats not polite, its an insult. So again, get your own side to follow your unofficial rules before even considering calling me out on not being “nice”.

And that wasnt me, nor is it a comment I supported by liking. Yet you did support the above comment being made. So, again, dont target me for expressing my opinion when it is your “team” instigating it.

Frankly I just use the Auto Squelch plugin for Decktracker. That said I would love it if they implemented it ingame cuz the plugin is clunky.

1 Like

That’s really the core of my thoughts too. They don’t need it, but to be fair it would be NICE for them as much as I dont get the psychology behind the mania.

I think from the beginning the request was presented as QOL, and thats fair.

But they DONT need it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s only as insulting as I find emotes to be.

My feelings DO trump your intent because perception IS reality. Someone people can look at a color and see two different colors. Are either of then wrong? No. Their reactions are perfectly valid.

So if you say “good game” and I take that as “I hate you” it is the SAME as if you said “I hate you” because since this is MY experience, >>I<< ultimately hold the power to determine what YOU actually did.

Disagree? Too bad, welcome to 2019, not the stone ages. Several successful lawsuits on my end and a person now in jail for doing something that they “intended” to not be illegal proves for me that I have that power over everyone who interacts with me, based on my subconscious interpretations. If I can (and I have) back it up with the law to the point of jailing some fool (admittedly, that was a larger issue than emotes in a game) then the same principle can be applied here as well.

I decide how your actions and words are to be taken be me, not you.

The ghost that controls my actions disagrees with you.

And I cant believe you wrote what you wrote with the sole intention of trashing my mother.

And your Avatar is Captain Hooktusk? Just to spite me? Unbelievable.

Reported.

Then press squelch

I do, and would like a toggle feature just like several other games have. Clearly it doesn’t kill the game to have such a feature.

1 Like

Anti-Auto Squelchers like Bowser and Right want us to shut up and stop asking for this option.

So wait, you want to auto squelch us on the forums about asking for an auto squelch in game? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

2 Likes

Arguing with people, repeating the same things over and over and not presenting anything new or compelling for the devs to consider is not working. We’ve been over all of this on the old forum and it didn’t work. Try something new or handle your own problems.

I make it a habit of letting others handle my problems for me. Welfare is a wonderful thing. You people work, I get paid. It’s hilarious.

I never said that. I would like you to quote me…wait, I DARE you to quote me where I said shut up and stop talking about it.

Now run along.

Why would I care about that?

I agree. It’s not nice. I’d like everyone to be nicer in the thread. On all sides of the issue.

Yes; the punch in the groin comment was inappropriate and I’d like that sort of commentary avoided. And while I added a like in support of the case for auto-squelch, I also flagged it as inappropriate.

Which is great for those who play on a PC, but unfortunately that does not help those who use mobile devices.

Agreed. And we do. I press squelch. So as I’ve said (and i think we are on the same page here), auto-squelch would be a nice QoL improvement. It’s not needed, but it sure would be nice to have for those of us who are squelching every match anyway. Additional deckslots weren’t needed, but it was a nice improvement for those who want to keep more than 9 decks at one time.

To be fair, Right has actually been supportive of the discussion, not necessarily of auto-squelch, but of having the discussion. And desptie a few tussles between us, he’s been a good active participant in the conversation.

First let me say I, personally wouldn’t have an issue with this…except for a small thing. Players NEED to be notified they are squelched so they can squelch back or BOTH are squelched (Either one should be the case now). Why?
FAIRNESS. Why should your opponent be able to taunt you if you cannot taunt them back? Each match should be friendly, fun and fair. I know that’s not always the case now but that should be the goal. Personally I like the back and forth with emotes during a match. I taunt my opponents out of fun, nothing else. But I know there are folks that taunt just to be jerks. Like when they kill you on turn 4 without you even touching them and as you die you hear well played as if they are laughing at you. Or like those that spam one emote the whole match.

If I may offer my own perspective…

1. The decision to add or not add this feature - an updated response from the devs would be nice. I understand Ben Brode did offer a response but he isn’t around anymore: asking for an update isn’t too much to ask. Blatant ignorance of the issue is just rude.

2. An AQ toggle would be nice but if they’re NOT willing to implement the feature, the squelch on mobile should be much more reliable - once its on, it should stay on the entire match. I don’t know if it’s on their end, or the internets end though. Either way, there should be an effort made to improve the existing feature.

3. Regardless of the reasoning behind the desire for an AQ toggle, (social anxiety, sour game experience, etc), invalidating a persons feelings/perspective/reality is just rude.

For example, if you offer to buy me a beer, and I politely decline, are you going to shove a beer down my throat?

The same concept applies to emotes - if you don’t want to deal with them, you shouldn’t have to…a lot of us are mobile players and as a mobile player myself, I can honestly say that the squelch is terrible.

However, I think IF AQ is implemented, the player utilizing the AQ feature should not be able to use emotes. It should be a two way street. As an advocate of such a feature, I would expect you to be on board with this because you don’t know how your opponent will perceive emotes. You should be able to empathize with that.

And that, my friend, are my two cents.

3 Likes

Mostly due to you.

But your persistence can be grating. (as can mine Im sure) I would measure it more carefully TBH.
Don’t dilute your good ideas and notions with spam and accusations of spamming.

Simmer.

Choose your battles and words wisely.

1 Like

You don’t have to, which is what makes it even better.

Anyway, stop giving these emote-abusing idiots a platform and give us autosquelch already.

Do you mean they should not be able to use the emote button at all? Or do you mean they should be squelched themselves? Because the latter seems “fair,” but the former seems punitive.

Fair criticism. I re-read that post this moring and “simmer down” may have seemed a bit condescending. I didn’t mean it that way, but probably should have avoided the phrase. Thanks :slight_smile:
… and my apologies to Bowser for any offense.

LOL, I did not see the previous “simmer” post. I was suggesting (coincidentally) that you “simmer down” lol, that’s just weird.

Heh heh… well, I feel better about it now anyway. Thanks, friend.

[quote=“autosquelch-11655, post:125, topic:181”]
Do you mean they should not be able to use the emote button at all? Or do you mean they should be squelched themselves? Because the latter seems “fair,” but the former seems punitive [/quote]

What I mean is, if you can’t see my emotes, I shouldn’t be able to see yours.

On the flip side, it should be a private thing. I don’t want some a-hole keeping track of tags they encounter that have AQ toggled.

It is a bit of a conundrum…

I think that if you don’t wish to view emotes, you shouldn’t have to view them. Bear in mind, I haven’t used squelch very much, and correct me if I’m wrong, but there isn’t any indication at all if I am squelched and this has never bothered me.

I issue “Greetings” at the start, and “Well-played” at the end. I assume my opponents are quiet. Sometimes, I will issue a greeting if the rope is burning as a, “Hey, we’re playing a game here…” but I’m not obnoxious.

With that being said, Auto Squelch should work as the current one does: the only difference being it stays on until the player decides to turn it off.

My reasoning for this is to protect player privacy. If I don’t know I’m squelched, I’m not bothered. If the wrong person KNOWS they are squelched, an unsuspecting player might accept a friend request just to receive some not so nice messages about having AQ toggled.

I hope this makes sense to you.

1 Like