I'm sure a Pally just cheated

Right at the start of the game his Sir Finley triggered but his deck contained 2 crystology, 2 baleful bankers, 2 novice engineers, 2 wild pyros, 2 time out, 2 consecration, 2 prismatic lens, 2 hammer of wrath and 2 holy wrath…

Do you have any recordings/images from the game ooc? This is the first I’ve heard of anything like this happening, and there isn’t much to discuss without a game to observe. If you believe someone cheated then it’s probably best to just report them and move on.

4 Likes

how do I report him then?
I don’t have a recording.

2 Likes

You can try Bug Report forum. Just don’t say any names there.

If he/she played Finley around turn 4, it’s possible he/she just draw all of his/her duplicates. What turn did this person play Finley on? Im guessing right at the start means turn 2, or 1 w/ coin… but yea, good luck trying to convince anyone that this player bypassed the card restriction, without proof.

edit: actually it would have to be turn 5+. but this should explain it.

edit#2: … actually, it could be done as soon as turn 4 if you went second, played Crystology on 1, Acolyte + coin on 2, drew 3 w/ Acoylte by turn 4, and played Engineer and Finley on 4. right?

2 Likes

Especially hard considering most holy wrath paladins are not running Finley anyway.

It checks your deck at the time it’s played, not at the start of the game.

And really, cheating a highlander mechanic? Out of all the things to hack into a game’s servers and change, you think they’d pick that?

2 Likes

There is no need to convince anyone in this thread.

It was Highlander Paladin.

https://hsreplay.net/archetypes/304/highlander-paladin

It is a completely different deck, but still runs all the same kind of draw cards, consecration, etc.

The late game is different too, obviously.

Assuming he did, does this really matter?

1 Like

You didn’t confuse Sir Finley Mrrgglton with Sir Finley of the Sands?

I think we have a winner.

1 Like

I’ve played since launch… I know the difference between the 2 Finley’s.

1 Like

But you somehow think it’s more likely that someone hacked into Blizzard servers and instead of doing something useful decided to make you lose a game rather than you misremembering something?

Really?

3 Likes

I was referring to the cards shown on my overlay that remained after the match, NOT a recording. It couldn’t have been later than T4 he played Finley.

well then yea, it probably played out like i mentioned in my earlier post. i imagine a Pyromancer was involved.

So it’s “probable” that the guy drew exactly the 4 cards he needed to draw over 4 turns to pull that off. So why haven’t I won the lottery yet if such odds are probable?

some people win the lottery, most dont. thats just how the cookie crumbles.

I have only heard of one instance of cheating in Hearthstone. That was when some players used a program to play cards faster than possible. Other than that, it just doesn’t happen. I’d say it’s infinitely more likely that you’re remembering things incorrectly than you spotted a cheater.

1 Like