I'm a newbie and confused by some logics

Hi, I started hearthstone a week ago and I play occasionally. I made it to rank 24 and have 63 wins in there with what I’m quite okay. But there are still some logics that don’t make sense:

1. Why can a frozen hero still use its ability. How can Rexxar shoot an arrow while frozen? Did I left his hands out?
  2. Why is a bait/taunt/Spott (sorry im playing in German) not affecting the heros ability but his weapon attack, if equipped?

There are a lot of other balancing issues but that’s another discussion.

Thank you

1. When something is frozen, they can’t attack. A hero power isn’t an attack. Just imagine someone being frozen in place, not frozen completely. That means they just can’t move.
  2. Taunt says that something must attack it. As I said before, a hero power isn’t an attack (and neither is a spell). An attack is if something which is already on the board is dragged to it’s target (like a minion and a hero with a weapon).
1 Like
  1. Ganz einfach. Stell dir vor, seine Füße sind amBoden festgefroren. Er kann noch Befehle erteilen (Diener greifen an) und seine Heldenfähigkeit nutzen. Wäre irgendwie ungerecht, wenn Anduin sich heilen, aber Rexxar nicht schießen dürfte. Eine große e Waffe nehmen und auf den Gegner zu rennen geht aber nicht.
  2. Stell dir einfach vor, nicht der Held, sondern die Diener werden verspottet. Dein Held ist klug genug, Sprüche und Heldenfähigkeit vernünftig einzusetzen, aber die Diener rennen sttur gegen den Spott an.
1 Like

1.) Frozen prevents a hero/unit from attacking; example, it would stop a Druid or a weapon equipped hero from attacking, but not a Mage or hunter from damaging you.

2.) Taunt does not affect spells or abilities, just attacks.

In other words, those effects only apply to characters who are able to attack; a hero is essentially a 0 attack/X health character, so they cannot attack on their own. They need a weapon or a spell/ability to gain attack (heroic strike, claw, Savage Combatant, etc).

Some answers:

1. Depends on whether or not the hero can “move”. Think about it - Druid and Rogue have a hero power that allows them to attack just like a regular minion. So if you wanted to press an attack, and you’re frozen - guess what - you’re outta luck. (Conversely, mages and hunters don’t require movement to press their attacks. Or Priests with their healing. Or warlocks when they want to hurt themselves to draw anotehr card. Etc.)

2. I call em blockers, but same thing.