I think I found where Marin belongs

Been trying out the new Marin the manager card and not having great success with it at first.

I gave a good go at trying to fit him in a wheel lock (idea is similar to SoS where you pack your deck with treasures after deleting it.) sunk my rating to about 5k and can say it feels terrible in there. First, SoS is better since it has an immediate effect. Second, you don’t really want to draw much post wheel. Also wheel has been castrated. So there’s that.

Of course tried it in rogue, but rogue has so much mana cheat and generation already it’s like flogging a dead horse. 9/10 as rogue your trying to dump your hand to make room for scorpion and bounces, and this doesn’t fit well with that.

There’s other honorable mentions, but I’ll spare the reader the details.

The best deck to run Marvin in, by leaps and bounds, is owlonious druid. It doesn’t just fit the deck well, it literally bumps it’s win rate by an estimated five to ten percent. The idea is twofold,

• The wand is amazing, if you hit any of your minions with it it can immediately give you lethal.

• The rest of the treasures can actually win you games when your combo gets disrupted. I’ve now won every game where my combo was disrupted, which is unheard of. The summon two legendary minions has a relatively high chance of stunning m summoning two owlonious copies which gives you lethal, I’ve won at least two games this way.

Anyways, it seems like this gives the deck legs. Here’s my list if you want to have fun with it. It’s also the first owlonious deck I’ve played that feels tier 2 or maybe even tier 1.

Owlonious Druid og

Class: Druid

Format: Standard

Year of the Pegasus

2x (0) Innervate

2x (1) Funnel Cake

2x (1) Living Roots

2x (1) Magical Dollhouse

2x (1) Malfurion’s Gift

2x (2) Bottomless Toy Chest

1x (2) Lifebinder’s Gift

2x (3) Frost Lotus Seedling

2x (3) Pendant of Earth

1x (3) Sparkling Phial

2x (3) Swipe

2x (4) Oaken Summons

1x (4) Puppetmaster Dorian

2x (5) Summer Flowerchild

1x (7) Marin the Manager

1x (7) Owlonius

1x (8) Freya, Keeper of Nature

1x (0) Zilliax Deluxe 3000

1x (0) Zilliax Deluxe 3000

1x (3) Virus Module

1x (5) Perfect Module

1x (10) Eonar, the Life-Binder

AAECAaHDAwif8wXd+gX9jQbHpAb/sAarsQaxwQa6wQYLrp8EgdQE/d8FoukF2/oFmqAG76kGlLEG2bEG9+UG++UGAAED9LMGx6QG97MGx6QG6t4Gx6QGAAA=

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

1 Like

I know where it doesn’t belong.
Mage will never use this.
The pirate tag alone makes it almost certain.

Mage can utilize it, they can duplicate there highest cost spell. the problem being the spells are 3 mana so it is possibly more work then anyone has time or tried for him yet. Also the discover a legendary and highrolling into Sif, just replace the khadgar they used to run in rainbow to give it a sneaky extra oomph card.
Just a few options but by no means unplayable in mage

1 Like

It’s garbo for mage, as most neutral legends are.

It’s basically auto include for most slower or highlander decks. I think it’s very strong even without being copied/bounced/extra battle cried.

I also found where Marin belongs:

:wastebasket:

3 Likes

It is not. Granted, it’s a small sample, but after playing about 10 games in my control Reno DK I wasn’t able to play it even once. You have to be in a really good spot to play a “7 mana do nothing” card. You can run it, sure, but it is far from mandatory inclusion.

Try this deck with him, it’s the best use of Marin I’ve ever seen.

I’ve basically won nearly every game I’ve had combo disrupted by getting double owlonious or Leeroy off the summon legendary treasure. It’s amazing. Lol.

It legit pushes owlonious druid from like t4 to t2, and maybe just maybe t1.