I think I figured out the algorithm

Okay, I worked my way up to gold bracket and I think I see the problem. Yes, if you want to get past gold tier, you need to spend money. ALOT of money. You’ll need to buy a high volume of cards to be able to move past.

Here’s what happens. You get to gold, and now you’re in a tier where you lose stars when you lose. So, you are at bottom of bracket Gold 10, with everyone. You win a game. Now you’re fighting anyone who advanced, and then the problems begin. You will find it very very hard to get out of gold. If you can get up to gold 6 or 7, DO NOT STOP PLAYING! You need to advance all the way to the end of the tier before you get caught it a “loss spiral”. The most difficult games to win in gold are the Gold 10, Gold 9 games because EVERYONE in the gold tier is in a bloodbath at the bottom of the tier.

This isn’t true.

1 Like

how do you explain the cluster of very powerful opponents near the bottom of the tier and a far more even series of fights as you move past about Gold 3? Shear luck? Gold 10/Gold 9/Gold8 are about as hard as you’ll face in the Gold tier.

I have regularly reached Platinum and a few times even Diamond ranks (or their equivalents a long time ago) before ever spending but a single dime on Hearthstone.

Also, some streamers have in the past done a challenge where they try to reach Legend with a completely free to play account. Trump has done this multiple times. You can probably still find the videos on YouTube.

1 Like

reaching legend is now very easy. number of of legend players have increased by 8? times compare to 2014~2019 era.
it used to be top 0.5% of the player base
now it’s top 4%

this is my new account and didn’t spend a dime and reached legend within a month of playing.

have been reaching legend rank every month ever since.
my best record so far is legend rank 703