I read somewhere that cardpacks aren't supposed to give doubles anymore

But I am still getting them.
Did I misunderstand something or is the information incorrect?

I’m talking about getting duplicates in the cardpacks.

edit: I can’t quite remember where but in one of the many guides I read before I started

edit2: So what do I do with basic cards that can’t be disenchanted and of which I am now colelcting 4x in some cases?

You will never receive more than 2 duplicates of any card in a pack.
You will never receive a duplicate legendary in a pack.

When you say “Not more than two duplicates” you mean 3x max or what?

Thanks.

While you don’t have a full set. Don’t give a birth to another stupid delusion.

Would that not already be obvious? Do you believe OP would be under the impression that they’ll get some kind of secret legendary if they already have all of the pack legendaries?

Yes, this is exactly I believe to.

You can have up to 2 copies of a Common, Rare or Epic card in a deck. Copies 3+ are duplicates.
Basically you cannot open 3 or more of the same card within one pack. But of course you will open them across multiple packs.

As for Legendaries, every time you open one, it is guaranteed to be one that is not yet in your collection (unless you’ve already got all of them from a set).

1 Like

So I would assume its paradoxically both advisable for me to sell (disenchant) duplicates and not advisable because I may roll them again?

What hellscape they’ve put us in…

When talking about normal, rare, and epic rarity cards, there is no relationship. The no-dupe rule only affects contents within the pack for these and doesn’t care about your collection.
For legendaries, my generic advice is to not disenchant them unless you really need the dust.

Example, let’s say for expansion X you already have all except 2 of the legendaries. Legendary 1 is a card you really want. Legendary 2 is a card you’ll never play.
You open a pack and roll a legendary. Fifty-fifty. But bad luck, you get legendary 2.
If you disenchant it, then the next legendary will be another fifty-fifty, again between legendaries 1 and 2. If you keep it, then the next legendary is guaranteed to be legendary 1, the only one still missing from this set.

Note that for purpose of determining which legendaries you do and do not possess, the game looks at name of the card only. Not at golden or not.

2 Likes

Dude you talk too much. That’s pretty much all I wrote but in one sentence, and obviously I do not have all cards except two random legendaries.

So for me I am advised by the games interface to disenchant my duplicates because “you don’t need those” or what ever it says. But at the same time, if I don’t do that, my chances of building a half descent deck increase because I won’t get crappy cards I don’t need again.

It’s an evil system, lol.

The no duplicate rule only applies to legendaries.

But yes, if you get a legendary, you may as well keep and use it, and disenchant the duplicates of other rarities to give you dust

No, what I’m saying is it’s probably stupid to disenchant things, at least at the start. There’s probably a mathematical function somewhere that could be calculated but up to a certain point it’s better to get more packs (whether free, with gold or if you buy them for irl monies) than it is to disenchant unless you absolutely need a certain card for a build and cant live without it.You should thus disregard the advice the game itself gives you to “disenchant duplicates” and that’s terrible UX design …but as I said, probably designed so for this very reason.

Then when your pack collecting gets slower and you have enough cards to begin with you might start disenchanting cards for heroes you don’t play or builds you hate so to get those juicier ones.

Someone should do the math on this.

It used to be that the duplicate Legendary rule didn’t exist when the game was first released.

You think the current system is evil, Imagine the poor person who opened Gruul 3 times.

2 Likes

edit: oh I misunderstood you @Jonius . Ah then it all makes sense.
So it’s per ONE card pack :stuck_out_tongue: So I can get as many dupes as imaginable… :stuck_out_tongue: great.

So what do I do with basic cards that can’t be disenchanted and of which I am now colelcting 4x in some cases?

You can’t do anything about it so don’t do anything about it. Maybe they are preparing to convert the play-style to MTG where you can have 4 of each normal card.

Basic cards can’t be crafted or disenchanted, they’re automatically awarded for levelling each class. After you get the normal versions you acquire golden versions at certain levels.

1 Like

In the beginning, i was only buying packs with gold, so it took alot of time to get some legendaries. My first 4 legendaries were Millhouse, Sylvanas, Millhouse, and Millhouse again. After the 3rd Millhouse, i took a 2-year break of hearthstone.

1 Like

You can use those gold versions of the basic cards to show how 1337 you are by having gold cards with their nifty but generally useless special visuals instead of regular cards. Or you can use the regular cards. Please note that when you copy a deck from any website and let Hearthstone build that deck for you, it will always use the gold cards.
I have played against people who ONLY use gold cards which I suppose points to the fact that there are people who have no life (queue Sword of A Thousand Truths memes)…

Meh they spend money on what they like I guess.

What I find pityfull is that unlike real life card collecting, this game can shut down at any time and all of their cards will be lost while I can still resell my old pokemon cards I had as a kid or play with my kids :stuck_out_tongue:

No. You’re misunderstanding the system. Also, you don’t have 2 extra copies of some cards you can’t disenchant, you have golden copies gotten for free from leveling up the class. They’re the same card, they just look nicer and they’re animated. They’re also free

There is nothing stopping you from getting more duplicates. You cannot get more than 2 of the same card IN THE SAME PACK. If you buy another pack, you can get that card again. There is no reason not to disenchant your extras unless the card you got is announced to be going to the hall of fame, which almost never happens