I never felt so angry about a bug

The card says:

“Deal 1 damage to all minions. Repeat until one dies.”

It doesn’t say:

The spell stops working until 50 damages to ensure that the game won’t break"

2 Likes

True, it doesn’t say that.

Lots of cards don’t do exactly what they say.

Blizzard prefers card text that is short, simple, and possibly slightly inaccurate, instead of card text that is long, complicated, and exactly correct.

Welcome to Hearthstone.

Sorry I am not buying that, card games are based in the descriptions inside of them to be able to think and win games.

1 Like

Maybe they’ll change it again if they receive enough complaints, but I would not hold my breath

The screenshot I made is funny but aparently is not possible to upload here. In my hand I had everything to win + x2 Astalor 3rd level with brann and x2 Ignis 10 mana windfury + 8 mana minions apart from removals, and armor.

you can post links using the </> preformatted text

No, this forum does not support direct image upload.

Instead, upload the image to some other public image sharing site, and post the text link here.

Just like it says in the sticky post at the top of this forum.

How to share links to screenshots, videos, and replays

I think OP has valid complaint. There is plenty of space on the card to put a “max:50” or whatever the right way of showing a limitation on a card like that would be. Long and short is, the card did not do what it says it does and is supposed to do.

That failsafe is kinda lazy though
For a card like defile it’s possible to create loops that other failsafes couldn’t detect.
But when the break condition is to kill a single minion you can check the health of each minion in-between each cast of the card.
Check the health of each minion, register it as the minimum health they reached.
Deal 1 damage to all
Check the health, register any new minimum reached
Deal 1 damage to all…

If for 5, or even 10 casts in a row, no minion went below the minimum they ever reached individualy, then you can stop casting. If no minion lost hp in 10 casts you can assume they will never die from any number of casts.
You prevent infinite loops without limiting the damage output of the card. If they still want to limit it to prevent long turns then that doesn’t solve anything :person_shrugging:

`[indent preformatted text by 4 spaces](https://files.fm/u/qdwpz9eb9h)`

Blizzard think adding “or until it did 50 damage” at the end of the card would be too confusing.

If only Blizzard could stop slowing down everything because of extremely lenghty animations all over. ?
And in this case make it go f.ex 1,2,3,4,5,rest of damage.
You as player see the damage itself beyond 6 appplied in one go.
But creatures removed, deathrattles triggering, secrets going off and so on , are stil in the same and correct order.

Maybe a bit confusing at times, but the card will do what it says it does.

For these types of cards It’s not about animations length but about infinite loops
You can create scenarios where the effect will never end and bug the game, resulting in the game crashing and forcing a disconnect

Wouldn’t it be more confusing when the card doesn’t do what it says/is supposed to?

Depends on the risk they want to take.
Do you want to annoy all your playerbase with useless text, just to cover a rare niche scenario ?
Confusing one player from time to time is a smaller problem than permanently adding irelevant text for the daily usage of a card

How is text annoying? How is text about limitation/functionality of the card useless? How niche is the scenario now that miniset has dropped? How does it affect you negatively for a card to be clear about doing what it says it does/is supposed to do?

Honestly I don’t know, tell me ?
Past iterations of “doubled stats” minions didn’t really make it to good decks.

If you never face minions with more than 50 health, there’s no use case for that text
If it doesn’t have a use case, it’s useless

You lose time and concentration reading and eluding useless text.
You always do that with cards that do not fit the current situation of the game. At least they have a purpose in other situations. That useless text doesn’t.
That’s annoying.

It doesn’t. As long as you don’t fill it with niche details that are not relevant 99% of the time, or with rules that are quite simple but take a lot of space to describe.
There are a lot of cards where you can argue that they are not 100% explicit on what they do. And you could make their text 5 times longer to perfectly describe the effect. Hearthstone wants to keep it simple, with text as effective as possible in the shortest way.

Don’t get me wrong I’m on the side of “it would be nice if they were doing something about it”. But rather than changing the text in unnecessary ways I gave earlier an example of a technical change that gets rid of the damage limitation without changing the card text and without allowing infinite loops. There’s more than what players can see to take in consideration

We live in the present going into the future, not the past.

If that was never the case, we wouldn’t be talking about it.

We should get rid of all useless text, then? There’s a few thousand examples we can fix according to you. Or, we could update one card. Which seems better?

Glad to have you on board.

Still geniuenly waiting for you to tell me. Ignoring the past is also ignoring the future. I can also throw premade proverbs when I don’t have better to provide.

When that happens 1 game out of thousands, it’s closer to reality to say it never happens, because a vast majority of players will never encounter it.

Because you think we should keep it ? What’s the point ?

Would you care to give examples ? Or do you just want to tear my words and make me say things I didn’t ?

A game that contains thousands of cards with exactly what they need and no useless text, or a game with thousands of cards with long explanations of detailled interactions and technical specificities… Yeah I wonder which one seems better

If you cared enough to read earlier replies you wouldn’t have needed me to confirm that, you would have known by yourself

I’m a bit lost here, how does you not accepting something make it a bug?