I need advice from an experienced player

I play Hearthstone for 1 month and i have trouble crafting decks… I can’t quite spend money into the game so i can’t have all my cards golden like all the streamers and youtubers I see… In this moment i have “The sunreaver’s secret” deck but i had to disenchant ALL my cards for only 2 legendaries… I got super lucky and got 2 legendaries out of one pack which are king Mukla and that dragon that costs 9 mana and modifies a hero’s health to 15( sry i dont know the name lol). The problem is that i played with the deck and lost a lot to almost all meta decks right now… I saw the heist rogue that which i really enjoy and feel that i can actually do things with it but it has 4 LEGENDARIES and a looooot of expensive cards in it… The question is shall i try use my dust from now on to upgrade the secret pally deck or try craft an rogue deck? And how can i get dust efficiently?
Sorry for my bad english and hope i didnt bored anyone😅. I really thank you for the help!!

I hate to break it to you but you already messed up. You NEVER disenchant cards for dust to craft other cards unless you have most of the cards already.

Man, I hope you didn’t spend any money on this game yet. If you did I feel really bad for you.

That said, however, if you stop dusting cards now and just focus entirely on your dailies until the next expansion, start right this very moment, you will be able to get back in the game for the next expansion.

Currently, only people with most of the cards can win. That is how it always is during the first expansion of the year. Very low selection of cards to choose from. There will be two more sets added throughout the year though, increasing the amount of cards we have to work with.

Right now though your selection is limited. You either net deck right now or you get crushed by those that do, again, at least until the next expansion.

And don’t try to be creative yet either. You are not experienced enough to be getting creative. You still need to watch a lot of YouTube videos and Twitch streamers if you want to get to a point where you can take this game seriously.

No joke, stop dusting your cards. That is a major no-no. Dusting cards gives less than half their value. It is just not worth it. Also, as the next two years progresses, some of the cards you dust, you will want to craft again, because they will become relevant later. So not only did you get less than half their cost in dust, you also end up re-crafting them later.

4 Likes

It happened a lot to me to dust a card and needed later… I feel kinda disappoined tho… I started doing that when i crafted the beast deck and all was fine but it got deleted in this expansion… I will not dust anything from now on…
Thank you for the advice ^^

If you dont want to spend, you must start grinding. It will take somewhat around the thousand hours to grind enough gold to catch up with the meta.

There is a huge paywall for new players, so, dont expect this game to be easy on you

3 Likes

I mean i dont want to say i NEVER spent or i will never spend but if i do i must get the most value: the max i can spent is for 14 packs and i dont think i can get the pre-order offers… But i’ll see…

If you are patient and really like the game, you can also go the free-to-play route.
Meanwhile, do some reading and understand the game more.

Ask whenever in doubt.

1 Like

Thank you so much.
From what i’ve read in the dusting guide i find myself in the second spot but i will move into the first one. It will be hard but i will try…

Due to the poor return from dusting, it is best if you seek some advise before you do (as a new player)

In most cases, do not dust any card unless you are really sure it can serve a greater purpose. Same applies for crafting.

I could use some help indeed. I really dont want to mess it up again… Will you want to add me as a friend so we can talk in the future( dusting, advice etc.) ? Only if you want to… If yes here’s my battletag: #21153

yep rule 1: don’t craft on impulse (i.e. craft because you lose to that deck)
rule 2: dont ever craft a deck to make it same as a deck recipe. Most deck recipe is very unrefined. I find this particular expansion one even unplayable. Like secret paly without steam. If you want to play deck recipe, might as well craft whizbang.
Rule 3: u can look for some cards such as safe craft. Cards that are versatile, usually neutral. You can start from there. You like a more mid range - control decks? Zillax will never go wrong. You like aggro? Leeroy will never go wrong.
Rule 4: NEVER dust legendary even if it is call millhouse manastorm. Because legendary will never get a repeated one. If you dust millhouse for 400 and get another millhouse when you could have a better legendary is an ultimate waste of dust. Golden legendary is fine (if you aint a collector like myself) because it give u a legendary of your choice.

1 Like

Thank you for the advice! I did dust legendaries in the past( Whizbang was one of them)… I will keep playing and recover my mistakes^^ . Hope you have a great day!

1 Like

Remember also, the golden cards that you talk about are no different from ordinary ones, they have no extra or different abilities, they are just ‘pretty’ and have a nice animated picture, but that’s it.

1 Like

How much dust/gold do you have left?

To try to salvage the situation, work toward this deck minus the last three legendaries. Zilliax is great and versatile, but in your case the last three are low priority. Having Leeroy and Zilliax would be good for your collection.

You will end up with a midrange variation of mech paladin which should at least be playable.

Don’t feel too bad about Alex/mukla. They’re ok but Alex is always in expensive decks and mukla has barely been in anything.

But don’t dust whole decks. Ever. You can always play Wild.

### Kangor's Mech Paladin
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 1x (1) Autodefense Matrix
# 1x (1) Hidden Wisdom
# 1x (1) Never Surrender!
# 2x (1) Redemption
# 2x (2) Mysterious Blade
# 2x (2) Sunreaver Spy
# 2x (3) Bronze Gatekeeper
# 1x (3) Commander Rhyssa
# 2x (4) Annoy-o-Module
# 2x (4) Bellringer Sentry
# 2x (4) Blessing of Kings
# 2x (4) Consecration
# 2x (5) Mechano-Egg
# 2x (5) Wargear
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 2x (6) Mechanical Whelp
# 1x (7) Countess Ashmore
# 1x (7) Kangor's Endless Army
# 1x (8) Tirion Fordring
#
AAECAZ8FCPoGm/ACwP0C2P4C8f4CoIADjpoDlJoDC4wB3AOvB63yAqX1ArT2AuH+ApGAA8yBA76YA5CaAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/deck-library/paladin-decks/mech-paladin/kangors-mech-paladin/

So i have 330 dust. So i should dust Alex, king Mukla to try dust Zilliax? Sorry, just to make sure…

I never dust cards myself unless they are extras. Some brawls let you make a deck using old cards and some wild decks can be a lot of fun.

Personally, as you do not have a lot of cash or dust, I would suggest going to hearthpwn .com or use google and search for budget aggro decks. People have complained about “aggrostone” but it works and what you need are wins.

Aggro tends to be very effective and tries to kill your opponent by turn 5 or 6. The good thing is that very few aggro decks need epic or legendary cards and tend to be very affordable in terms of dust.

I believe dusting either Alextrasza and/or King Mukla are both errors. I don’t believe you are understanding what people are saying here.

Do Not Dust Your Legenedaries. Period.

No caveats, no "but what if"s, no excuses. Just don’t.

Examples:

One day it may be viable to create a mill deck, a deck that runs your opponent out of cards. Filling your opponent’s hand with garbage so they burn all of the cards in their deck becomes key to that gameplay. King Mukla does that, adds two junk cards to your opponent’s hand, filling it up.

And Alextrasza? I mean, that card enables most OTK decks. It knocks your opponent down to 15 HP no matter what the circumstance is. All you need from there are two Fireballs and a Frostbolt and your opponent is toast. And that is just the simplest of combos. In addition, it can be used to bail yourself out of a nasty situation. AND it has the Dragon tag. It is a versatile card. Even if you do not have an immediate purpose for this card, it will be useful to you one day.

If you dust Alextrasza today you will get 400 dust. When you go to craft it later, and you will, it will cost you 1,600 dust. You will lose 1,200 dust in that exchange. So by dusting Alextrasza today you will instantly lose 1,200 dust, you will not see it, but it WILL be a loss, a big one.

Listen, just sit back and focus on your dailies.

If you start now, and only do your one daily everyday, without fail, from here on until the next expansion, you will have enough gold to get at least 50 packs for the next expansion.

Use that time to study others’ gameplay, on YouTube and Twitch and get to know the cards and how they work. Maybe watch “Trump’s Basic Teachings”, a series on YouTube, where he teaches basic gameplay strategies and tactics. They are a little outdated, but the basics still apply even today. How to play on curve. When to trade, when NOT to trade etc.

Look, I have been here since day one, the very first day this game went public. I am also a free to play player. Follow my advice and you will be able to get into this game.

Here, see what is going on today? The last three expansions just rotated out. There are fewer cards in play today than there will ever be at any point for the rest of the year.

There will definitely be two more expansions before the end of the year, adding 2 whole new sets of cards to the card pool.

The cards added by this expansion and the following two expansions will be useful for this year and NEXT YEAR as well.

You got unlucky to start playing today, AFTER the first expansion. That pretty much puts this current new set of cards out of your reach. For now anyway.

BUT!! If you focus on getting the next two expansions, starting today, right now, right this very second, you will have a decent foothold NEXT YEAR, when the previous three expansions rotate out.

So follow my advice and this time next year you will be sitting in a pretty good spot.

As a re-cap, my advice is to not dust ANYTHING and to focus on your dailies and SAVE YOUR GOLD FOR THE NEXT EXPANSION.

2 Likes

No. I’m sorry, I thought you already dusted them. If you still have them, keep them.

Listen to MetalX.

Here’s a link to budget decks.

https://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/hearthstone-budget-cheap-decks/

Also this looks like the deck you have.

https://hsreplay.net/decks/IAot4UO33x9cwdz77NY28d/

It’s not completely terrible. You could do much worse. Learning to play this better will probably be the best thing to do now. Then focus on crafting something better over time.

1 Like

Honestly, if you are just starting, it will be rough to craft decks. If you do manage to craft 1 deck, you will get sick of it eventually.

This is my suggestion to you. In about 1 week there will be a solo adventure for Rise of Shadows. They will release the first wing and it will be free to everyone. If you complete the wing, you will get 3 packs of Rise of Shadows (RoS) for free. For the next 4 weeks after that, there will be a new wing released that will cost 700g each wing or $20 USD for all of them. My suggestion is that you buy all the wings (either gold or money). For each wing that you do, you get 3 packs. But the most important thing with the solo adventure is that if you buy all the wings (you may need to complete them all, I’m not sure) you will get a golden Zayle legendary.

Zayle is the new Whizbang Wonderful. In case you don’t know Whizbang:
When you add Whizbang to your deck, it replaces your hero, your deck, and renames it to " Whizbang is Wonderful". Each game you play, one random currently available deck recipe is chosen as your deck.

So with that 1 legendary (Zayle), you will be able to play several decks.

I would start there and figure out if you want to keep playing this game and whether or not you want to grind for cards, buy them or just play Zayle.

1 Like

Never dust cards unless they are duplicates. Or if you don’t play wild, you can dust wild cards.

Never.

Standard or not, a larger collection will always be better. It’s got better nerf protection as well.