I lost ranks still when my Duos teammate left on turn 1

My Battlegrounds Duos teammate left the game on turn 1 and I still lost full ranks for getting 4th place. The game is supposed to give you 0 ranks lost if your teammate leaves after 3 turns.

He didn’t even pick a hero at the start, he literally left the game instantly and I waited the full duration of the game in order to not lose ranks, meaning I had to sit and take damage for like 8 turns. Yet when we died I still lost full ranks for 4th.

For context I was at rank 8700 and something so losing 90 ranks for 4th is really devastating.

1 Like

I personally just don’t play team games with people I don’t know in advance (at least know online in advance) period; I learned that part of the game well at world of warcraft; you play the game with randoms: it’s a highway to being trolled.

Most people get fooled it won’t happen because they start by seeing only the low ranks; at low ranks nobody cares because winning is easy and it’s all fun and games; but when push comes to shove the true nature of it appears.

Tl;dr: if you care to rank with team games including BGs only play with online friends or offline friends.

Add me if you’re having trouble with your partners!

1 Like