I like dungeon runs more than Adventures

While Galakronds awakening is ok, the replay ability is near zero, same as the other adventures. On normal, the decks are premade, so unless you REALLY like a specific fight mechanic, its a one and done thing.

On Heroic you make your own decks, but the bosses are so over powered that you have to make a meme tier deck that is the perfect counter just to win. Get utterly **** on by Avalanchan and his infinite amount of giants on your first go? So make a rogue deck thats nothing but hard removal, bounce/add to deck and Flik Skyshiv. Ta-DA, instant win as you utterly **** on his giants, and watch fatigue win you the game.

And thats it. You might get the urge to try and beat it with one or two other out there decks, but this is not something people will come back to. Between Normal and Heroic i cleared all wing 1 content in about 3 hours. And ill probably never go back to it again. And i have to wait a week for wing 2.

With Dungeon runs it last me a few non-time gated weeks before i get tired of them, and i still occasional get an etch to go back and do one randomly. I have yet to ever go back and do an adventure once I’ve finished it.

3 Likes

I do like seeing older heroes and characters joining the fight on Dragonblight (like Khadgar and Kriziki), but yeah, I’d rather have dungeon runs.

What kind of treasures/passives would be featured in such a run anyway? And I saw Aviator Bob in the recent Tavern Brawl, so there is that.

no way… its far less time consuming.

its also better to craft a new deck, and maybe new cards instead of hoping for godroll synergy

I see the reasoning in that, too. However, a little randomness and luck feels more rewarding and fun, and gives more variability without any of the effort.

I strongly disagree. I have completionist complex I’m trying to complete Dalaran Heist with every hero power and deck. Not fun to go 11 wins just to lose to last boss. If there is no option to reset like in solo adventures I don’t want to see dungeon run for a year.

I agree, I liked the runs more

1 Like

The Dungeon Runs are clearly better. Some players (like Superlegend above) prefer the Adventures because they just want the cards. That’s fine. If I were a multiplayer gamer forced to play a single player game I would resent it too.

The solution is to just give players the cards as soon as they buy the DLC. Then players who want to play single player (like me) can enjoy it and people who just want the cards can get straight to deckbuilding and laddering.

1 Like

Dungeons runs are clearly better/worse (This statement is false because is subjective).
To be honest the best adventure in my opinion was in Boomsday puzzle adventure. Solving problems with board states allowed You to think outside of box. Something that You almost never do in multiplayer or dungeon runs.

I’m not the only one who thinks that dungeon runs are too long. They are also very punishing when You lose, 40 minutes wasted on trying to complete a run is painful especially when instead of 8 bosses You have to go thru 12 and You lose to that 12th boss. I think that replay ability is one of the worst thing because You never feel that You actually completed the game.

I don’t mind Dungeon run like they were in Kobold & Catacombs: 9 heroes single deck each of them has 1 hero power. Easy, clean completion doable. I hate Dalaran Heist / Uldum where You have 9 classes each of them has 3 hero powers, 4 decks and that check mark that lets You know what You completed and what You haven’t done yet. That is completionist nightmare. In Dalaran Heist to complete every hero (9) with every deck (4) using every hero power (3) on all wings (5) on normal and heroic (2) is no more no less than 360 winning runs (9 * 4 * 5 * 2 = 360). This is completionist nightmare. Uldum had less heroes (thank ‘insert diety here’ for that).

So if dungeon runs will not be more forgivable for losing they are in my opinion the worst adventures in the game. Unlike solo adventures if You failed creating deck/drawing specific cards all You need is to restart the encounter and voila You get one more chance to go without being forced to fight 5 bosses to get another try.