I bought the darkest dungeon and add on content for $43.96 total

I bought apples, although oranges would have been cheaper, because I really like apples. Instead of comparing them I enjoyed my delicious apples - worth it!

Think about it and than enjoy some fruit of your choice :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Werenā€™t you complaining about RNG on another thread? Because if you have issues with RNG screwing you over, Darkest Dungeon is NOT the game for you.

1 Like

I agree. I was a F2P player for my first couple of years but, honestly, found I get a ton of enjoyment from ā€œopeningā€ packs. Thus, started buying expacs.

This is my choice in how I spend my disposable income. Is it expensive? Honestly donā€™t know, but itā€™s cheaper than golf and not as destructive to my life as drugs and alcohol.

1 Like

Leave. Now.

Such sacrilege will not be tolerated.

5 Likes

MtG:A is roughly the same price as HS.

Iā€™ve played and spent in both. While Magic does have more to collect they also give out a lot more packs so it evens out between the two games. MtG:A and HS are in the same ballpark.

Just a bit. Like seconds. To make it soft and warm.

Warm and soggy.

Toaster ovens are the best option for bagels.

1 Like

Overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

3 Likes

I bought Darkest Dungeon and all of its content (Ancestral Edition IIRC) for just $20.81 during the Halloween sale. Think about it.

3 Likes

Hehe nice burn he got owned.

Worry yourself not about the cost of this crusade. Itā€™s noble end affords you broad tolerance in your choice of means.

2 Likes

I just took a dump for free.

Think about itā€¦

2 Likes

You forgot to end with ā€œThink about it.ā€ :stuck_out_tongue:

Hodor, hodor.

Hodor

1 Like

Now go play against others in Darkest Dungeon.

What? You canā€™t do that? I guess your comparison doesnā€™t work that well.

2 Likes

This is a personal cost benefit analysis- everyone who plays the game is going to parse this out differently. I personally feel the money I spend on Hearthstone is not wasted; however the money my household spends on TV subscriptions is ridiculous (except HBO Now because Game of Thrones). You do you, dude.

1 Like

A snickers bar costs $0.99.

A Gerald R. Ford-class aircraft carrier is $12,998,000,000.

Think about it.

3 Likes

Woah - how big are your Snickers bars? The full size ones where I live are 50 cents. Oh - waitā€¦

Your Snickers Bar costs 0.99.
Mine costs 0.50.
Think about it.

2 Likes

Semantics. You donā€™t answer which is it, or both?

If both, then why should it be expensive for a video game? How does it differ from other online games, that also have to design content and pay for server maintenance? Does making the virtual content look like a card game warrant higher pricing?

1 Like

funny thing is I can actually think about this exact scenario, i bought darkest dungeon on sale for about 30$ around the sametime I preordered rastakhanā€™s rumble for 70 (canadian)$

that was over 2 month ago.

since DD is tied to my playstation and requires me to sit down and play in front of the tv, I can only play it when :
-Iā€™m at home (not often, away 10h a day 5 times a week for work/commute)
-thereā€™s nothing more pressing to do at home (not often since i have a kid, a gf and 2 dogs)
all in all I played DD maybe 3 hours, didnt get that much into it and lost interesr

HS, however, is with me at all time on my phone, i can play at lunch time, I can clock in a few games before laying down at night, I can play in waiting room, ect. because of this Iā€™d say I played with my Rastkhan cards/other cards i crafted with the dust from the package a bout 1.5 hours a day for the last 60 days

so DD= 10$ per hour of entertainement
HS= 1.20$ per hour of entertainement

sure, maybe YOU are going to play DD more than me, but from where Iā€™m standing, one of those games was a waste of my money

think about it :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes