I beg of you, Blizz: speed up BG animations!

It was already really bad by the end of last season but seeing zero changes makes mobile play almost impossible if you’re in a beast lobby.

Having 20 seconds or less to take my turn in the shop is unbearably painful. Deathrattle/reborn with someone’s key units not being sniped immediately with full value took pretty long to resolve but GUARANTEED buff procs with the new beast playstyle dissolves any vague hope I might have had that it could be fair.

By speeding up animations, it would also, simultaneously, open up more options to play APM pirates/elementals and that sort of thing. I know it will ALWAYS be worse than desktop but your reconnect feature is hot garbage, often taking longer to get back into the game if it just doesn’t outright fail to reconnect and register the game as a forfeit.

I’ve already done everything on my end to mitigate the issues but it is far too little impact for how poorly optimized this game is.

I’m far from the first and last complainant on this and the blatant disregard to so much as even give lip service to say, “we are looking into avenues to create a smoother play experience” speaks to how little you seem to be bothered.

One would think you’d like to attract more people while retaining as many people as you can yet you, time and again, turn a blind eye to a glaringly obvious problem.

I’ve only ever seen an improvement of animations during the Leapfrog era and then never again, letting it get far worse of a problem with every subsequent content update since.

6 Likes

Yes please, speed it up.

Ive noticed they have sped up a lot of stuff, but its still bad, especially when there is a lot of spawning interactions, and ironically the new beast animations that take unreasonably long time. I get they are designed to be new and flashy, but when it eats up the tavern turn of enemy players, it has to go

2 Likes

It isn’t just mobile play that doesn’t allow time between rounds.

As much as I like Battlegrounds/Duos it is far too clunky and needs to be optimized. I have graphic settings as low as they can possibly go and animation is just unbearably sad considering I am running on an Nvidia graphics card.

There are many similar complaints and we aren’t complaining about an icon not being in the available, this is the meat and bones of the game. What is the point of releasing a new feature, if only some can use it?

The whole internet worlds seems to forget who supported them and neglects people (or intentionally shuns them) by cleverly masking that they are actually making them lose. Making it impossible for them to play fairly. Or even restricting them to play during ONLY off peaks time periods which are far from ideal time like in the middle of the night. THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. Do you hear me now?

People love your games, but at some point it gets very tiresome. When these fun games are presented and unable to be played. Is a double edged sword. I will be looking at alternative options like needlepoint, door dash delivering, and learning Sanskrit before I invest in game makers who are a scam. Who only care about the elite players. Only care about people with fiber optic INSTANT connections. If people want to play, it should be more relaxed, less frenetic, so everyone can enjoy. All you are doing is creating a sub-sect of players who are hellbent on destruction, who have zero patience for anyone else, who troll-bait people who can’t keep up.

Is that the world that I am showing that you are painting? Maybe it is hard to hear, but for those of us who have been contributing for years in the technology sector it is clear. Only people in cities are being listened to. The rest of us are EXPENDABLES. Our voices are muted akin to slavery. 1/3 the worth of an actual human being. Where do you think your food comes from? Meat? Water? Gas? Metal? From a magical place where people don’t count?

Maybe people need to stop living in a fantasy world where people assume that everyone else is a resource to be squandered.

It starts off great, then as you get towards the end it trails off and you can’t even make a move. Some kind of built-in mechanism restricts making moves or else people are hacking, I really have no idea. All I know is it is unplayable in the current state.

Absolutely. Can’t beg for this enough.

My partner & I both love BGs, immensely, and I’ve even brought my brother back to the game, as well as getting a friend to start playing Hearthstone — all because of my unholy love of Battlegrounds. And I’ll be real with you — my classic Hearthstone addiction was reignited (I’ve paid for every Tavern Pass since I’ve been back) by my love of BGs.

BUT FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY:

Please, please, Blizzard, my wonderful Hearthstone Devs who I have nothing but mad respect for (seriously, ya’ll are the best):

Please speed up BG animations. Like, after a certain length of time in the fight, just make them go super fast, something, please.

Thank you, sorry for the rant. But this is like, THE pet peeve I have with BGs at the moment (I have some feedback on Duos, but no pet peeves)…

Pleeeease. I need more time in the tavern. I’m begging.

2 Likes

I support this strongly. This isn’t like regular hearthstone where animations are needed to effectively keep APM in check. We’re just watching a replay. Now that we have so much in-combat scaling and insane amount of enrage effects a combat with/against a well developed Beasts board can take forever.

2 Likes

I know this will sound silly but those animations are actually a balancing factor to the game. If they removed them they would need to change how APM builds play out.

To some extent, yes, but the degree to which animations have taken over is pretty absurd.
Also, unless I’m missing something the comps that require high APM are also the ones with the lowest amount of replay animations (ex: pirates). That rewards the high APM players actually more tavern time on balance than if you have (or are facing) a bunch of beasts that keep pinging and buffing each other for a full minute.

1 Like

Yes pirates are generally the high APM but once you mix in Greymane the animations become even more pronounced and the buffing more powerful. It’s why Greymane builds are considered the best in this current meta.

But isn’t that during the tavern phase not the replay phase? I’m fine with animations in the tavern phase ‘gating’ APM builds. What is being complained about is the animations during the battle replays. People are losing tavern time because their opponent has a massive beast (or undead) comp that just takes forever to play out.

1 Like

Okay NM i read it incorrectly. I thought this was about during the tavern phase.

In that case all they have to do is close out Battlenet log back in and the battle is resolved and you get a full timer again.

Yep. Which then resets the timer for everyone to 2 minutes+ and you have a painfully long battlegrounds match for everyone.
There is a middle ground where they tone down some of the most absurd animations (Ravager is a great example).

2 Likes

I honestly hope that at some point they spin off BG’s out of the HS client and make it its own separate thing and recode it. The animations should be at least twice as fast during resolution.

As I originally noted, closing out and trying to reconnect is a complete GAMBLE for mobile players. Oftentimes it takes LONGER to reconnect than waiting out battle animations. Too often it can even run the risk of taking so long to reconnect that it times out and automatically forfeits the game.

I can stream high-definition movies with ZERO buffering time on my phone and connection so I know it’s a server-side issue with Hearthstone/Battlegrounds specifically.

1 Like

Playing BG’s on mobile is just a gamble in itself. That has got to be an absolute nightmare to play on. I understand it’s on their side but it is what it is. I wouldn’t play BG on a mobile device. It’s another reason why i think they need to spin it off onto it’s own platform away from the HS client.

I know it’s primarily for the marketing of the Standard experience but I do find it fairly humorous that the overwhelming majority of ads I receive from other applications on my phone, games or otherwise, are FOR Hearthstone.

At least they have extremely short-duration ads that ALSO avoid the whole “waiting for a timer for an ‘X’ to appear” thing. Whoever approved the marketing to submit these ads absolutely knew what was in the best interest of this game.

:joy:

Clown game my man … just a clown game

Since nobody has mentioned this.
Something that will give a decent amount of extra time…
Turn off Vsync in hearthstone.
You have to manually add a vsync=0 line in the options.txt file for hearthstone.
In my paricular case since I play on PC usually on a screen thats only 60hz it meant my framerate was capped at 60fps. Once I turned off vsync I am now pushing 500+fps, combat is faster, tavern phase move faster with a lot more time.