How to beat Warlock Curse Deck with Murloc Shamy?

Hey guys i returned back to Hearstone two days ago. I decided to main Murloc and i think im not doing that bad. Since i got to Platin i started to play against alot of Warlock Curse decks. I realy dont know how to win that match up, cause they clear my baord so quick and have alot of self heal. Do you guys have any tipps?

Their removal is mostly damage based, and fairly vulnerable to a wide board before turn 6. They can only remove 1-2-3 health minions easily.

They only have two 4 damage spells and the 2 aoe that cost 6. Beyond that it is the impatient customer at 6 as well (assuming they were able to hoard cards)

So try to conserve your murlocs for a big swing turn and/or jack up their health above 4. If you can do this before turn 6, you should be fine.

If you can’t, your best bet is to have bolnir and brann in your deck and hoard cards until you can do a big mutanus turn. Brann plus the discount murloc, then next turn bolnir, mutanus, the draw murloc, the discount murloc, and two 2 drops. You’ll eat their whole hand and the deck can’t finish you with just the 4 curse spells.

This strategy revolves around them not playing the Tamsin hero card. Otherwise they’ll be able to pressure you endlessly.

Welcome back.

1. Use the list from the Vicious Syndicate website. There’s a lot of bad lists out there. No Bolner, No Brann, you don’t need them (unless you really don’t want to craft Flurgl).
  2. Mulligan for a one drop. Particularly going first. You don’t have many one drops, and it really improves your odds when you put minions down starting on turn 1.
  3. Ignore the curses. You don’t have time to waste mana on life.
  4. You have to kill off their minions if possible, particularly if you have the Rush Murloc on board (otherwise they value trade and kill off the minions to dish out AOE damage).
1 Like

curse lock is one of the few bad matchups for murloc shammy, you cant win all matchups (atleast not most of the tiem vs a bad matchup) murloc shammy does really well again most other decks as you can see by hitting platinum 2 days after starting to play again with it.

You are pretty much playing a board based deck against a deck that doesn’t care about the board. It’s going to be rough each game.