How to beat hunters (quick tutorial)

Overheal has game against warrior too. Hate to break it to ya.

The deck might even be strong, but here I was writing a general guide for the majority of players, an “average” player, if you will, and an average player doesn’t play Overheal priest (at least not according to the popularity statistics)

It’s cool when you’re good at tier 3 decks and surprise people on the ladder with it. I know the feeling, since I do the same with sludgelock. So I didn’t mean to belittle the deck, just to emphasize that this is for majority of players who complain about hunter, that’s all.

You sure like to pretend you’re special. Sludge is easily above 60% today across any bracket of the ladder.

You’re not doing anything not showing on the average stats.

O yeah I’m kinda amused by the people complaining about hunter. I mean it’s just a fast token deck. With no real come back mechanism or interesting big brain plays. If you keep.them off the board chances for them winning after turn 6 decrease dramatically.

The real elephant in the room is reno warrior.
It’s the true best deck in the game.

Extremely greedy deck like druids tend to be with the best late game in the meta. ( wheel potentially has better kate game with their straightforward wincin,) but this deck sucks at anything else now and gets deleted by tempo.

Meanwhile warrior laughs at every single board people ate building against them.

Reno needs not to limit the enemy board after its played as it actually takes away the agency from your opponent by denying th thempo for a turn. It’s totally ridiculous that it’s a moni time warp attached.

I would argue because of reno decks are not real decks but just pile of cards that are carried by their reno payoff vards they should be just meme tier decks just to try out for fun and not a top meta picks. They literally are one of the lowest skill cap decks in heartstone. Because you draw the good cards you win, you don’t you lose. This can be also viewed as p2w game as reno decks are very duat heavy.

Definitely they should delete reno warrior from the competitive play. Remove it for the health of the game because there is no player agancy in drawing the good cards.

Yes it is, lol, thanks to me:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHS/comments/1cfew4b/sludge_warlock_is_incredibly_powerful_right_now/

I quote:

I was on stream when a player named Altair told me that his Sludge Warlock was killing Warriors, so I decided to try it.

But of course, you didn’t even know who you’re replying to. How would you know when you get banned all the time because of your aggressive demeanor?

If you can use your brain, losing to hunter is a bad draw aspect.

That’s impossible. If the majority of people on these forums don’t insult or mock someone daily how will they prove how smart/clever they are?

1 Like

All of this seems like the most delusional cope to me. I mean, the deck isn’t invincible, that’s what 60% winrate means, it means that it loses 40% of the time. But it is by far the best performing deck in Diamond and it’s still over 50% winrate at top Legend. The deck is overpowered. There’s no deck over 60% winrate to be had (maybe the pilot is abnormally good but the deck isn’t better).

It really isn’t overpowered. In higher ranks it loses every game. My winrate on all my decks against it is, and was, 80%.

If you follow this guide, you can beat him with any deck which satisfies the conditions. Tried and tested.

And having more than 50% winrate in legend is nothing special. If you reached legend, you have some skills to play, and the rest is just rng. We talked about this, you need close to 60% to get high legend (since we’re talking about individual stats now, not aggregate ones with huge samples).

So, no, it’s far from being overpowered. And how could it be, getting nerfed every patch?

Do you even play the game? Did you try playing with it? How many games against it?

1 Like

You’re delusional if you think hunter is better then the true master of this game reno warrior.

I’m complaining about hunter …as a user of it even before these patches. It’s just so annoying to play to me; since it’s clearly the fastest viable deck currently (average time per game is only 5 to 6 mins) it’s very sensitive to the mulligans and the first 2-3 draws; you feel constantly a slave of those draws and then waiting for a miracle if you had only a slight bad luck.

Warriors should just be redesigned; I see no reason why the game should have anything be extremely powerful at defense for ~18 minutes and then be “aggro” for ~2 mins; my suspicious mind goes to “the Devs are probably pressured to up time-played”.

60% winrate is nothing special under the context of the default d0nkey filter (“diamond-legend” and the rest defaults). At least 5 classes with at least 5-6 different archetypes are easily above [or around] 60% win rate across ladder under that filtering.

We used to have ~70% win rates for months before these latest patches by the way (under that default d0nkey filtering); that’s what made me make that other thread; that we should admit: it’s a VERY balanced patch (compared to the recent past).

Popularity is not power. You’re just salty from playing against it a lot.

No we didn’t. And d0nkey is tracker side only but I’ve got a spreadsheet set up to normalize for 50% winrate so the ACTUAL winrate for Zoo Hunter is 59.5% in D4-1 which is only about 3% off the raw score.

You really didn’t notice, the ~72% of Shopper DH for many days? Visit d0nkey more.

Btw I don’t mean to act like Reno Warrior is a terrible deck, but it’s top of Tier 2. It is not even a Tier 1 deck

Tier 1 is Zoo Hunter, Sludgelock, Zarimi Priest and Flood Paladin. Although Zarimi Priest is probably Tier 2 in D4-1 as well.

I will say this much though, Warrior is very overplayed so these Tier 1 decks might not be so great after Vicious Syndicate finally lets people know Warrior isn’t on top, and people stop playing Warrior so much. The meta will probably shift significantly after the report.

VS chase their own tail. Their takes before expansion launches on what decks will be good are easily above 80% wrong; they barely understand the game; they mainly check stats after the fact (not much better than you browsing d0nkey in most cases).

The average consumer is dumber than them though; they will automatically do what they tell them; the smartest players know it’s inevitably a highway to low winrate to follow a herd because it inevitably will cause them facing mirrors.

You’re just a stupid troll.

I updated Scrotie’s top 1k legend table from a few days ago (so it’s kinda old data, some of the decks changed their places in the table, but not much), and it reflects (accurately) that Hunter is a tier 3 deck, at least in top 1k. It’s too much work for me to do for D4-D1 and I don’t think it makes sense to make such a list anyway, since the lower you go on the ladder, the lower the predictive power of the deck’s true strength goes.

Link to the table with results:

https://ibb.co/ZGXdCNX

Link to the post with detailed explanation:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/hearthstone/t/early-standard-stats-from-d0nkey/126983/74

1 Like

What shills and trolls like this one don’t realise is that playing well generally doesn’t really help to win in this game.

The classic example I’ve posted many times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tav_ttqyv9Q

Any more or less seasoned player (not some Big_Streamer™) with even a little bit of something up there in the attic has probably had those streaks of playing sloppily and smashing the opponents anyway or being super-focused etc, only for the game to ‘discover’ a perfect counter for whatever they are doing every time, which raises suspicions for some of them.

There’s even a theory that playing badly like a total dimwit would probably result in an increased win rate due to paraintellectual help from the game (The Algorithm).

That’s not even the point, if you ask me: the person thinks (s)he is someone only due to some alleged — no-one here has been able to verify it (UPD: there’s apparently a confession below, and if you trust it, there’s nothing special about that player), and online any forum warrior would claim he’s on the Forbes fortune list, has two Nobel prizes, a Grandmaster title in chess and is very handsome and loved by women etc :rofl: — rank (s)he was able to hit at some point, as if it were ever a big deal.

So there’s hubris, yes, but there’s little to be said for that disposition otherwise: there are obvious problems with maths, for example, problems with civilised discourse (this topic being enough of a self-demonstrating example, I suppose) and so on.

Well, done that (re arguments why that poster is wrong) for you. :grinning:

Bingo. :grinning:

Btw, there’s generally no such thing, but that’s gonna be an umpteen time’s repetition.

For example:

Wow, did this one just ‘deanonimise’ himself? :rofl:

I’ve had some misgivings:

(See the rest of that post if you’re interested — there’s a nice little story about a guy who, unlike this forum nobody, would subsequently become HS world champion — and displayed a completely different attitude)

But what have we got there — a confession, apparently.

So yeah, in short, we’ve got a completely ordinary, run-of-the-mill HS playah (just check d0nkey.top or something like it) with, as said, delusions of grandeur.

O, the great one! :rofl: Spoiler: actually not (see above).

Said someone who resorts to posting from an alt account. :smirk:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Says a person believing oneself to be special due to some lucky streak once or twice. :rofl:

By the way, what does the Brann Warrior vs Token Hunter match-up look like in terms of ‘stats’? I haven’t really checked…