How play Quest Warrior?

I’m honestly not sure how to play this deck correctly. I’m having some trouble lasting long enough to play Captain Rokara. But I like her and the quest was the first legendary I got in the expansion (and the only quest so far). I tried tweaking the deck for some survivability. Usually I play smaller pirates on tempo and otherwise just play control or removal cards to buy armor and time to handbuff minions.

Plunder Wonder

Class: Warrior

Format: Standard

Year of the Gryphon

1x (1) Armor Vendor

1x (1) Raid the Docks

1x (1) Shiver Their Timbers!

2x (1) Stage Dive

2x (2) Conditioning (Rank 1)

2x (2) Cult Neophyte

2x (2) Harbor Scamp

1x (3) Cargo Guard

2x (3) Coerce

1x (3) Entrapped Sorceress

1x (3) Rokara

2x (3) Stormwind Freebooter

1x (4) Circus Amalgam

1x (4) Kargath Bladefist

1x (4) Outrider’s Axe

2x (4) Reaper’s Scythe

2x (4) Sword Eater

2x (5) Brawl

1x (5) Cutting Class

2x (5) Stonemaul Anchorman

AAECAQcKvrkD99QD9N8DkuQDju0Dle0DzfIDlvYDl/YDmPYDCuPMA4rQA4vVA7XeA8HeA5jtA9XxA5X2A8/7A4igBAA=

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I am sorry to tell you, quest warrior isn’t good enough to keep up with current meta right now. You’d lose to warlock, mage, shaman, rogue most of time. I suggest you wait a week or two, a balance change should be happening soon to address hyperaggro decks.

If you can, quest warrior is doing much better in wild where the pirate package supports it. Quest warrior in standard right now is really, really rough.

1 Like

I have learned that the hard way yes indeed! Thanks, I’ll try my handbuff paladin deck. I magically got a Varian and Fordragon as my second and third legendaries.

1 Like

If you think warlock is ridiculous in standard, wild would blow your mind. Even without the quest(slows down most aggro pirate decks too much anyway), you’re going to get wrecked by hunter and warlock. I mean the deal 5 damage to self and gain 5 armor is just utterly broken with the warlock quest both when you have it done or are completing it(1 mana gain 5 armor and advance quest massively or 1 mana gain 5 armor deal 5 damage both with a body).

have you purchased the tavern pass? If you have, you should receive a diamond version of Varian. So iff you happened to pull a regular Varian from a pack, Blizz is offering full dust value for limited time frame.

Nah, no tavern pass. But that does seem like a good deal except that Varian seems really good and cool, so I’m torn. There’s no legendary card I particularly want anyhow.

right that’s what I meant, if you buy the tavern pass, you will receive a diamond variant off the bat, meaning you can safely dust your regular copy for full value. however, a lot people don’t really want the cosmetics, thus they don’t feel it’s a good investment to pay $19.99. it’s really up to you

1 Like

TrumpSC had a quest warrior list that was doing pretty well the other night.

1 Like