How many times can a Mage castTsunami before turn 10?

I am getting nearly full boards of water elementals that freeze on turns 4-7. Its hard to clear no matter what class.

Was this the design of the mini set?

4 is the total before 10 mana

1 Like

The deck is extremely aggressive; it’s a ~5 min deck and almost as fast as even pain lock; it’s basically a fast aggro deck.

That means in order to beat it you must either use control slow decks or even faster aggro decks.

It’s extremely unlikely to do well against it with a combo mid-range deck because there’s no time.

Its a bit insane to play against if you’re playing f2p decks…

1 Like

“Charge is a bad mechanic that is detrimental to the game!”

Prints Tsunami

I use King Plush that has charge but it takes work to get him on my board. And he’s a legendary.

Egg - 4 mana

To have a chance at a duplicate King Plush to play at 5 mana.

Otherwise it’s 9 mana to play and then 8 mana to res it if I desire.

And if I use my main buffs, that is 6 mana. But my egg doesn’t always pop King Plush. In that case, Yodeler is 4 mana.

And that is for ONE charge legendary minion that shuffles the board back into our respective decks.

While Mage gets a full board of charged freezing elementals at what? T4?

1 Like

those are just cosmetics

for example there is no difference between diamond amathul and normal one

so ALL decks are f2p decks

1 Like

Isn’t big shaman/rainbow shaman considered a mid-range deck?

1 Like

Nah. Big shaman is a whopping ~9.5min deck which easily puts it above the usual ~7.5min of most combo decks.

Some cards are also directly “controlling”; e.g. in the mid-game it uses a Cliff Dive; it doesn’t do it to do an OTK.

1 Like

Average game time does not determine deck type.

1 Like

Where are you even getting this information? Replays don’t store game time AFAIK, just turn count.

Find me a better way. Those decks kill you within 3 or 4 minutes routinely; they are very fast; they can’t be very “control” at the same time or very powerful for too long in the mid rounds because that would make them extremely overpowered to even exist; therefore if something can kill you within very few minutes then it can only be aggro because that’s what it does.

Look at the cards and see what’s the game plan. I don’t really believe i need to say that, but the game plan determines the game plan.

A deck killing you fast and it suddenly being not allowed to be or not be powerful into the mid to late game is a non-sequitur. Nothing bars a deck from killing you fast and being powerful into the late game.

Aggro decks aren’t decks that kill you fast, they are deck with low curves that don’t plan to go to the late game, killing you fast is incidental. During the Blackrock era, mage could chain so many spells that generated two damage pings games routinely ended in turn 5; it was a midrange deck.

Looking at average game time data and deciding BSM is an aggro deck is about as foolish as it gets. If the Skyla turn does not kill you on 5 or 6, the deck goes on to replay the spell again, on 6 or 7, and then again, on 7 and 8, while still having 1-2 spells to keep playing on turns 8 and above, if it does not run Kalegcos. It’s, at worst, a midrange deck.

3 Likes

And by the way on that phrasing specifically: after a point you just debate against plain arithmetic. The deck is clearly shown that it has an average game time of only 5 minutes; that means it VERY often kills opponents within only 3 minutes; it’s practically as fast as a pain lock which is very clearly the fastest deck in the game without much juice at late rounds.

How on earth can you have a deck so efficient within only 2-3 minutes when it wins like a pain lock or this and then have the expectation to be good at late rounds; simple answer: you can’t because that’s antithetical to the game design itself; even if it existed the next nerf patch awaits to deal with it first thing with the Devs saying sorry to the players on top.

1 Like

Hsreplay has the average time per game on a column of the decks lists(as “Duration”). PS I’ve asked the hsguru guy to include it (not sure if I came across).

Even if hsreplay doesn’t start from a recorded stopwatch: it can be derived easily for a rough average because round times can be estimated.

1 Like

:man_facepalming:
That’s turns, not minutes.

1 Like

The concept remains the same. It shows how long it lasts.

Thanks for the correction (doesn’t change if it’s aggro).

edit: it’s still unclear because Duration in the dictionary refers to time but it doesn’t change the importance of the metric on deriving if a deck is fast anyway

edit2: it just says “min” so it’s definitely time.

1 Like

I know my replays on hsr show both game duration and turn count, so it’s probably in the files. I’m not sure if the sites generally aggregate the average time length though.

1 Like

But yeah: are you sure though? Duration in the dictionary refers to time usually.

But as I said: it’s not important in this thread since it still refers to deck speed.

edit: it just says “min” on the table so it’s definitely time