How long should a ranked game take?

on average how long does it take to win one ranked game for you?

Depends on the deck you’re playing and your opponent’s deck. Most matches take ~7-8 minutes. If it’s Control v. Control, matches usually take a lot longer, from ~15-20 minutes and upward.

1 Like

Priest vs. Priest can sometimes hit the time limit. That’s around 45 minutes.

hunter vs totem Shaman: generally 1 minute; people concede turn 4
old style galapriest/rez Priest mirrors up to 40 mins
control vs control around 15 mins

so 10 gold for 3 wins, it could take me 5 hours just to get 100 gold under the old system? if i didnt lose a single game? thats absurd

Yes. Then again, it could also take 30 minutes. That was a major flaw in the old system. It rewarded playing super fast decks. That’s great for people who like them but people who like control and combo were being screwed.

The new time-based system has flaws for sure, but they could work those wrinkles out of they wanted to.

4 Likes

Depends. but usually 10 minutes for what i tend to play

They don’t want to . It’s exactly as they intended it.
Players need to wake up and smell the cash grab.

1 Like

I don’t think you were asking for real statistics, but more likely to make some weird abstracted unrelated metric-relationship of something like you just tried.

According to my deck/game tracker, over the last 30 hours of play, I averaged 6.8 minutes per game. Playing face hunter to control priest and most everything in between.

Standard play metrics only. My wild games take longer because I’m usually trying some odd-ball combo, purely to get the combo off.

My match times have increased since the new rewards track as I face artards who rope. Rope Turn 1 to Turn lose.

I’ve never had a match take 45 minutes, and that’s even with control warrior vs control warrior (much longer than priests for you folks who don’t know what control mech warrior was) using Archivist to extend the deck into another Archivist… then again, my opponents weren’t morons who couldn’t figure out what to do with 10 mana and 5 in-hand cards, and I don’t have a stream to chat with to try and determine what the best card to play is when I only have 1 card that can possibly be played… or not played… in hand.

6.8 minutes. Control to face. There’s a solid metric for the past 30 hours of gameplay for you. What metrics do you bring?

HSReplay actually gives you the average game time of each deck. There were roughly about 6000 games of aggro druid deck at 4 minutes, but that also depends on if you were doing insta concedes to certain matchups, maybe you could come out at 3 minutes per game, whereas if you played the longer matchups maybe you would average 5 minutes per game. I think the average deck would go for about 6-7 minutes also basing it off low to high end.

I want to play a slightly slower deck, more resources/rewards with the current time based system and I think the average game would go for 8 minutes for those decks but then if you were using this deck and everyone else used a slow deck I know you can push 30 minute games with a control vs control matchup so I’m sure the average game would go up much more than 8 minutes per game.

How much gold do you get now for 3 wins?