How does excavate rogue beat hunter

So i finaly am playing the correct version of the deck but going second vs hunter i feel is alot harder then say going first i know you have to keep them off the board kinda like paladin if they get saddle up on worms and the doggies with a wide board how do i deal with that ?

Do i need to find zilliax early in this matchup ?

The meme hunter deck relies on very specific cards. It basically has to flood and then saddle up; if it doesn’t do that it’s dead; you basically play against a very random situation.

It’s a very frustrating deck to play yourself for the same reason; bad draws on only the first 2-3 rounds are usually a wipe; I played it a lot this month out of almost-masochism.

1 Like

I think hunter has one significant weakness the minions have low hp so dk and warlock should be able to handle token hunter.

Rogue does struggle abit with it from what i can gather and also i have seen there are so many different rogue builds its amazing.

That’s why they need saddle up. Without it they are practically a flood paladin which is horribad against anything with any AOE.

I personally made a slower and more robust hunter deck myself; it’s slower and that’s its main weakness; but it’s more smooth.

And your rank shows that it’s better, obviously

1 Like

Fan of Knives and/or slightly more expensive Fan of Knives.

1 Like

Just have to assume it’s a bad matchup. Or slot in fan of knives or gift.

I like fan of knives but my list has little room for replacements thank you for the advice i appreciate it :slight_smile:

Rogue especially cannot deal with it because rogue doesn’t have a good aoe. Fan of Knives is bad yes it can take down a couple of 1 healt minions but that is it. Hunter can fill board back realy fast and not all of his minions have 1 health either.

But there is another way which is playing agressive and putting more stats than hunter and making hunter the one who trades.

You can also try to get zillax in play once they flood the board, he should be a bit cheaper, and it helps if you have a board to.

But best policy is definitively fan of knives any minions before they RC. The problem with the RC cars is it counts locations for the effect (which is why I think the deck is broken, you can’t interact with locations as opponent) so if they double location they can get 2/2s and that’s much harder to clear for rogue.

Thanks yeh zilliax with reduce helps alot but what got me was dead draws i drew into the reduce pirate both of them if im right not sure not much i can do there but i had won the board back but unfortnatly i just drew bad unless i made so other misplays :smiley:

Here is the replay any advice welcome

Are you sure it counts the location what is the exact wording on it ?

Yeah it does, so number of beasts + 1 for the number of pings

You have to count it yourself to check xD

The optimal board state for the hunter when they play R.C. Rampage is 2 minions and the location. Makes the rc’s 3/3’s and much more difficult to remove so a decent amount survive for the follow up Saddle Up.

1 Like

How do you know I’m Chicken rank 10? Did you hack the servers or are you a Dev?

I’m surprised you found the time to post since you are Legend rank 1 on 3 servers.

Yep, queues are very long up there

Nobody cares dude. You go on off topic tangents to attack others because you think you are allowed to be a bully if your rank is higher.

You have some issues that the game won’t solve.

Isn’t this like the exact same reply you had in the other thread? It’s like forum deja vu

you can slot 2 fan of knives vs hunter, it at least gives you some crd draw too, you can also keep stick up for hope of the 2 mana aoe. It’s a hard mu, they are very fast but it’s winnable. look for you one drops to conteest the board against hunter.

1 Like

fan of knive sis there to remove the one ones and the 3/1 worms. you need to contest the board from the start. oscillator and keychain, shovel. Becasue of 2 pits stops you have like 3 zilliaxes in your deck to slow down their aggression.

1 Like