How come there are a lot of Murloc Shaman

DECKS… that… it continues… run very control-like cards? I don’t understand why I keep seeing this… I chose Counter Spell on my Keysmith because I was worried about the obvious buff all for minions of make murlocs after death, etc etc… what I didn’t expect… is for the enemy Shaman to use that explosion AOE that grows each turn. Which I countered… and then next turn, they played Fountain to kill my board… and this isn’t the first time I’ve seen this…

Are you running into a lot of Murloc Shamans that have AoE and control cards in the deck? I was like, what the eff am I playing against right now?..

Mind you this is Rank 12! Not Rank 20+…

Turn 1: nothing
Turn 2: hero power
Turn 3: hero power
Turn 4: hero power…
Turn 5: The AoE I counter spell
Turn 6: Hero power, 2 murlocs
Turn 7: More murlocs
Turn 8: I killed thos murlocs and he plays Fountain
Turn 9: I found polymorph which I use on his fountain, he plays Hagatha.
Turn 10: I end up getting him low.
Turn 11: Witch’s Brew on self, more murlocs…
Turn 12: he’s dead…

but like… wtf does he want to be? lmfao… Control-loc? Please tell me this is memes… lol

I guess it’s just a mix of Murloc and Control Shaman. Perhaps they wanted to play Murlocs but needed more control tools.

Usually the only control tools Murloc Shamans run are Hagatha, and maybe a Lightning Storm and an Earth Shock or 2. Not Hagatha’s Scheme, which also wipes their own board.

Likewise, Control/Muckmorpher Shamans, run Sludge Slurper to get the lackey, but no other murlocs.

Well that’s what you expect to get when you try to add murlocs to control shaman.

I have been playing F2P for 3 months and I just built my second deck, a really cheap murloc deck, because I had a bunch of the cards. I crafted a few rares and played with basically nothing bit murlocs and bloodlust. But then I found it needed some removal, so I added Earth Shock x 2, Lightning Storm and two Hex. Id probably add another lightning storm if I had it. The point is, if you get behind at any point, you likely want to save up for either a decent Underbelly Angler turn, or a turn where you can drop 3 or 4 murlocs and play the Spirit of the Murlocs or whatever its called. Lightning Storm or other AoE allows you to do this, especially if you can sneak a spell totem or two in. Thats just my two cents. I cant see running any more that 6 dirext damage/removal cards. But also, I cant afford either Haggatha, so…Lol.

Likely it was simply a control shaman who ran 2x Underbelly Angler and 2x Sludge Slurper. This is not all that uncommon as they get a lot of value just using those.

Wtf this guy though… I am a proud Murloc Shaman and I never worry about healing or Fountain. Hagatha I understand. Hagatha is used to clear the board in the late game and get some armour. The hero power has insane synergy as well. Tons of spells for your tons of Murlocs. And he used his hero power for 4 turns? This guy clearly is trying to spray the word CONTROL on the murlocs. And the murlocs be like “Hell no, man” and they spray MRRGRLRRLRL on it.

1 Like