How am I playing against a top Tier 1 Warlock Quest?

In the beginner ladder?

I have not gotten enough decks to even craft a new deck and have a pieced together Hunter deck and most people I play against are the same way. Yet every 6-8 games I come across Tier 1 meta decks and want to know how that is even allowed in the beginner ladder?

1 Like

Because their MMR is low, they haven’t played since monthly reset, etc.

On the beginner ladder? Still trying to figure out how they managed to get a T1 deck –

I am not talking about the standard ladder, I am talking about the newbie ladder the one you get to play on if you are a brand new player.

2 Likes

so you can feel the need to spend money to improve your cards.

Ok well if that is the case (which shouldn’t surprise me) guess I will go to Runetera or MTG because that is a STUPID policy.

Mtg and Runeterra make you also feel STUPID with their complexity for the sake of complexity.

Check Trump videos how to start as a newbie and get tier 1 deck fast. He has a series called Broke in Stormwind that showes how to do things efficiently.

My guess: $$$ + netdecking.
I don’t doubt for a second that there are players with too much money on their hand just wanting to win at all costs.
Regardless if they’re new or old players.

1 Like

Your expectations are wrong my dude. This isn’t a MMO. People in the beggining area are not required to be F2P.

Buying boosters is the core way of getting cards in CCGs, not the other way around.

2 Likes

Bad business practice in my opinion. I refuse to buy anything until I have played the game for a couple of weeks to know if I will like it and keep playing.

If they are going to make my life a living hell because I can’t beat anyone (which has become the case because of these netdecks in the beginner ladder, I will simply leave.

If I stayed I would spend money but will never spend money on a game that forces it on brand new players JUST to get past the beginning area. (aka ladder).

IMHO game really needs to have Beginners mode

It will be mode that available to new players and locks you out once you purchase any packs with either gold or cash. Only cards open from packs won while progressing are available. Crafting cards with whatever dust available is fine.
Think of this as low level tutorial zone in MMO, which once you leave you can’t come back to.
I know this is counter-productive to business strategy - “if noob wants to burn $$$ on game he just started playing even though he has no idea how to play - let him!”
But IMHO this will stop spooking away many newcomers

Anyone can copy a tier 1 deck. You could be playing new people.

No it wouldnt.

BCSE as soon as you buy packs, just like you said, you get moved to a different bracket.

You’re not discouraging newbie whales, you’re just relocating them.

well if it works for them - great lets do this

1 Like

I think Blizzard needs to make better single-player content. When I started out, I didn’t have too much fun in ranked games. I had fun playing through Dalaran Heist, Tombs of Terror, and Galakrond’s Awakening.

The Blizzard RTS games were good for newbies. You play through the campaigns to learn how to play the game. Then you play with and against other people to really enjoy the game.

That’s on you. The whole genre practices that same practice. It’s just a perspective question because Online CCGs are a small niche that does not follow the stablished online game rules.

Just roll with the punches. If they are netdecking that low they are VERY bad. Don’t go in thinking you already lost

It’s the same thing in those other games.

I started playing in Runeterra and I started playing against top tier decks on my second ladder game.

I found Runeterra’s unranked games worse than Hearthstone in the sense that I saw nothing but top tier decks.

Runeterra is easier to collect full meta decks than HS and MTGA. So at least you can play whatever top deck you want just faster.

the beginner ranks should only be the core set cards, so players can get a feel for the game

a option to skip the beginner ranks would be cool

and if someone does open packs, they should be matched against bronze players til they finish the ranks

1 Like

how does he know is tier 1 …the patch was just released today

Because these games were played last night and this morning before the patch.

Trying to be funny is not funny it is boring.

1 Like