Holy shoot! Have you tried the new deck building function?

Create a deck -> Pick Priest -> Press “Done” (without adding any card) -> and the game give me the optimized version of Resurrect Priest.

And from the update note, they say that the game will build the highest winrate deck with your collection.

Basically Hearthstone becomes the playground for rich kids only. Just get 100% collection and you would have the best decks in all classes.

PS: The highest winrate deck for other classes according to Hearthstone:

Warrior: Odd Quest

Shaman: Even Shaman

Druid: Taunt Druid

Rogue: Miracle Rogue

Warlock: Mecha’thun

Mage: Big Spell Mage

Paladin: Even Paladin

Hunter: Spell Hunter

3 Likes

Wait. What part of this could you not already ascertain from third-party sites? We already know what the highest winrate decks for each class are, how does the better deckbuilder change any of that? How does the phrase, " Just get 100% collection and you would have the best decks in all classes" suddenly apply more now than it did before?

9 Likes

Must be an error. I did this with Paladin, and it didn’t give me an Odds deck.

I want a refund! I was promised the best deck! What is this horse pukey with Tirion? Who plays 8 cost minions anymore!?

Okay, seriously though, it looks like their autofill feature is actually smarter than I remember. When you stick Baku in and no other cards, it seems to come up with semi reasonable Odd decks. When I stuck N’zoth in a blank Priest list, it actually put a reasonable set of Deathrattles like Shifting Shade, Obsidian Statue, and Plated Beetle … wasn’t perfect, it keeps wanting to feed me Violet Worms no matter how much I delete and remake it, but it’s not an awful deck, besides the fact it threw in Dragon Soul into my decks twice despite almost no spells.

One weird quirk however is that the deck builder has some… fascination… with Green Jellies. Almost every deck it built, wild or standard, it has stuck two in.

What is the secret behind these Green Jellies? Have we so callously overlooked the biggest meta-shaker in the game? What secret hides beyond its mysterious smile!?

13 Likes

The stats that the game use is from Blizzard, so they would be more completed than third-party sites.

Blizzard records every single game ever played instead of using a sample of 100,000+ games like with ViciousSyndicate.

3 Likes

why is this not working for wild ? thats stupid…

That says something about Shaman right now, lol

I have a feeling those two might be a tad over-influenced by worse ranks. None of the others surprise me too much (including Even Shaman)

It’s basically the same, but now there’s no need to visit 3rd party sites I guess?

1 Like

Because Wild is irrelevant. Blizzard (and 99% of players) know that the more cards that become available, the more out of control the Wild format is going to become. One or 2 decks (big priest comes to mind) will shine above all others and that’s the only deck people will play.

1 Like

you are irrelevant…

4 Likes

Warrior: Odd

Shaman: Bufferwock

Druid: Mecha’Thun

Warlock: Zoo (I don’t have Keleseth)

Mage: Odd Secret

Paladin: Odd

Hunter: Midrange

Rogue: Malygos

Priest: Big Priest (I don’t have shadow visions)

Personally, I like the system.

Sure, kid. Keep beating your face against those huge taunts and thinking Blizzard cares about you. As a Standard player myself, I’m much more relevant. :slight_smile:

You hear that?

That’s the sound of thousands of netdeck haters crying in rage :smirk:

Regarding the deck completer in Wild…

This feature is currently disabled in the Wild format, but this was unfortunately left out of the patch notes. (We’re adding it!)

There are plans to add smart deck builder support for Wild in the future, but no ETA to share yet.

6 Likes

Oh darn, I guess adding N’Zoth to the deck and having it fill with Deathrattles was just because those Deathrattles were considered good enough to include.

But the Green Jellies… I’ve tried it with Priest, Rogue, Hunter, Druid, it always puts in two Green Jelly minions every time. Are you suuure it’s the deckbuilder having a day, or has the secret super ultra mega meta card really been right under our noses this whole time?

(Also, I haven’t been getting any of y’alls decks, and I own all the cards for Evens Shaman, Mechathun Lock, Odd Pally and others. I wonder if my being on mobile changes something, or if I missed a button…?)

6 Likes

I got a bit different results.

Warrior: Odd Dragon

Priest: Wall (I have full rez version but it said wall)

Mage: Odd Subject 9

Druid: Mechathun

Hunter: Mid Range Hunter (I have Spell/Deathrattle cards)

Warlock: Cubelock (I also have Machathunlock)

Rogue: Maly

Paladin: Odd Paly (I have all even cards)

Shaman: Shudderwock Elemental

Seems about right

3 Likes

Interesting, I wonder what makes those differences :roll_eyes:

I just tried again with Druid and Paladin, still taunt and even. Probably because I lack some cards for the other decks?

Edit: one possible explanation is this feature getting live data from Blizzard’s server so decks can move up and down in ranking?

They problably use the winrate for whole HS.

That is why you will see decks like spell hunter. It not takes in consideration that decks that require skill have lower winrates.

Also it is made with who not like deckbuilding in mind and if you can’t deckbuild you’re not the definition of a HS genius.

So in certain way it will give a mix of a decks that is both good and easy to play instead of just give the best deck.

Anyway it is a really good feature and not replace a good human deckbuilder.
Well played blizzard.

I like it, especially for newer players. It gives them a goal to aim for as far as a solid deck to build, until they can learn the game.

Legend players will still make tech choices and meta calls when it comes to deck building.

Okay, gotta test it too!
Warrior - Ye Olde Mech-Odd Warrior with Cubes (probably because I don’t have Roasters)
Shaman - budget top-end Even (with Sea Giants)
Rogue - Myracle
Paladin - a bit overtech’d Odd Paladin
Hunter - Midrange
Druid - That shell for Mecha’thun, but with Togwaggle instead. Sounds like a self-milling concede deck.
Warlock - Healzoo
Mage - Aggro Odd
Priest - non-Roaster Dragon

Seems like it built pretty solid decks, with exception of Druid - I don’t have Mecha’thun, Azalina, Floop and Twig, so it couldn’t build a typical meta deck and ended up with nonsense

Take two: added some heavier Druid cards like Florist and Spreading Plagues, got autocompleted into some kind of Maly Druid that would actually make more sense as the first option. Still bad, but at least has a plan for actually winning.

2 Likes

I tried it with my Alt F2P account and it made Wild deck but it didn’t look optimized. It resembled Wild’s Mid Range Hunters deck with some suspect selections.