Holy COW! "Zuramat the Obliterator" is a beast

This thing has to be the toughest solo boss yet, especially if you don’t know what he can do.

His hero power banishes one of your minions for just 2 mana, which does not trigger their death-rattle.

You start with two-copies of a spell which banishes all minions and returns any minions which have been banished. BUT, he has two copies of this as well. And, from what I can tell copied minions will not return from being banished. I’m not sure if it’s just copies, or any duplicate minions, but either way you’re probably not getting all your minions back out of that damn void.

I completed several runs before hitting Zuramat without getting close to losing, but he wiped the floor with me. Almost every minion I had was 9+ damage and cheap to drop, had ways of duping them, but it was still a totally one-sided fight. If you don’t know he’s holding the same spell as you then you’ve probably already lost when you play your first one, and even if you time it right that hero power is still insane.

Thinking over the battle, there almost certainly seems to be a bug with which minions are returned from the void.

Forum Mod Edit: This topic title has been edited by a moderator due to masked language as it is in violation of the Code of Conduct.

From my two run ins with Zuramat, there was no appearance of any kind of bugs with this. Unlike dead & resurrected minions, minions sent to the void and returned will be removed from the “In The Void” pool.

To beat Zuramat you need multiple value generators and you should get in as much face damage as possible every turn.

This fight is nasty, I ultimately beat it with a whole bunch of Murlocs. Prior to that win he blew me out twice.

I found once I stabilized things were okay but before that the fight feels very uphill. It’s probably worth pointing out he had a Jumbo Imp on turn 2 in my successful run - early big minions doesn’t mean a loss though

When I saw his Hero Power I already realized it was going to be tough as nail. Then when I got those 2 special cards, I was like “oooooh, this isn’t going to be a problem at all”. Until I discovered he had the very same card to undo your mass revival… I suppose the idea is to bait them out, but besides that you can’t know this until you fall for it the first time, unless you have a spam deck, his Hero Power keeps your field small enough to where you’ll never ever bait it out…

1 Like

My deck was made up mostly of the same hunter legendaries over and over, when they came back from the void I don’t think i ever received more than one copy of each of them. I know for sure the first time 3 copies of one were sent in, but only one came out.

I was so beaten down by the end-game though that I wasn’t keeping track as well.

Remember that Zuramat has cards that just destroy in addition to his Hero Power, it is quite likely that he used some of them and you just mixed it up with his Hero Power in the heat of the moment.

I am now 3-0 against him and haven’t seen any bugs with what is returned.

I beat him with muloc shaman. Also got super lucky with a 0 mana echo spell that turns all my minions into random legendaries. Since there is no time limit I just rerolled For crushes, sky cpn kragg, leeroy, and alakir.

It’s worse on heroic where you don’t get the cards that return them from the void.

I just beat him with Mage (1 mana hero power, reduce mana cost – not really important in my run):
I had the passive that let me play 2 cards per turn at half cost, and the other passive was a whiff (hagatha +1/+1).
I thinned all the useless cards at the tavern, and my trinket was take an extra turn, then opponent takes (had that at 0 mana thanks to tavern).
I had a malygos on board, but that got banished.
I managed to get some other stuff on the board thanks to conjurer’s calling. Slammed Antonidas, and obliterator banished some of the bigger taunts.
Then got to the point where it was just antonidas, i played the free turn, and hit him with some fireballs, he had 11hp left.
However, the opponent then got Malganis… (almost a rip moment). I first killed malganis with one fireball, only leaving me 1 left.
My hail Mary was Nogglefogger (the goblin that randomizes targets). Played that, and his minions hit bad targets (including my face, which put me pretty low). He then banished one of this minions accidentally, and killed my nog.
My turn, hit him with last fireball and the antonidas.

I had a few tricks up my sleeve left, but it was looking like a loss.
So all in all, it’s not impossible. I didn’t have a perfect deck, and made it work. The tavern visits are key. The starting decks are all mostly bad (the original one for mage I find is best), so play to your trinkets/passives, and focus your deck as much as you can.

Holy Cow, Bat-Man! Wow!

I beat him with relative ease using hunter even though i used mostly deathrattle cards.

The card that won me the game was the monkey orb (or something idk) a spell that summoned a immune and untargetable King Mukla, after i hound mastered it once i just had a giant ffin ape hitting him in the face and clearing his big minions every now and then.

Also all my minions had rush so that helped out great.

Never even used the 3 mana boardclear/summon spells.

I handled him quite well on my first encounter, for a while, at least. But I just didn’t have enough value generation, and when we were both low on cards he started to get the upper hand and eventually won.

An exciting encounter! I eagerly await our rematch.

I can attest that he has 3 at least. Learned the hard way.

Permanent Stealth minions.

He’ll never use his hero power.

I beat him VEEEEEEEEERY EASILY - had “permanent stealth minions”. Since he couldn’t use his hero power, Zuramat used his “send to the void” cards on turns 1 and 2, LOL. The rest was an easy swipe. I didn’t even need to use my “send to the void” cards. He was impotent against my amazing high mana minions with permanent stealth :slight_smile: I recorded the game - hehe…

1 Like

This is pretty much it. Zuramat is…another poorly designed boss, insofar as he
makes several archetypes/buckets borderline unplayable. Most of the 7/8 bosses have this problem. Go in with a Robes deck (without Stealth) and get REKT. Do you like playing big minions and control? Too bad, the designers don’t want you to have fun.

But Zuramat is more like Gallywix than Jepetto, Haro, the Treant Druid, or even Flark or Hannigan, insofar as he has more than a couple of counters, and his deck is TRASH. Seriously, it’s like he’s been given a “Play 200 Demons” quest. Stealth completely negates his hero power and is an easy win if you can make it to him (Stealth is a very tech-y pick. It’s useless against many bosses, an auto-win against others). Also, lots of small minions make his power so-so, lots of AoE, and so on.

Basically, if you can bait his first AoE, return all minions from the void, you’re doing well. If you can do that and play around Doom! with some health left, you’re pretty much Golden.

But yeah, he still sucks.

1 Like