Heroic Karazhan --- Free Medivh! in August 2022

Hi there,

In case anyone wants to revisit some old adventures or hadn’t got the card back back in the day — and I’ve found out that such players are not at all alone in the internet — you might find out that the AI has since been tuned and old solutions no longer work for some bosses. The encounter in question has turned out to be quite notorious in that regard, judging by my previous web searches, and I’ve had that one unfinished for some time (about one year and a little, having returned to Hearthstone after abandoning it shortly after Un’Goro’s launch). However, now I present a possible solution using only old cards and newer core/cheap cards that can beat the encounter. Essentially, this is an old N’Zoth paladin, the workings of which were quite well-known back in the day, with Renathal and a lot of cards for healing and stalling. Below is a sample decklist (I’ve actually had to recreate it, since I’d deleted the deck first after beating the encounter, but then decided to share in case it is still useful for someone looking for a modern solution), but you can, of course, substitute some cards and experiment, depending on your collection (I wasn’t actually that thorough when building the deck, so there might be even better alternatives). I was finally able to do it on my second attempt (and finally get that card back).

PS Anyfin paladin might work again with Renathal, but I’ve not tested it.

The decklist:

### Free Medivh!
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Forbidden Healing
# 2x (1) Knight of Anointment
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Equality
# 2x (2) Flash of Light
# 2x (2) Holy Light
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 2x (3) Aldor Peacekeeper
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 2x (3) Death's Head Cultist
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (4) Consecration
# 2x (4) Truesilver Champion
# 2x (5) Amber Watcher
# 2x (5) Antique Healbot
# 2x (5) Sludge Belcher
# 2x (5) Solemn Vigil
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (6) Sylvanas Windrunner
# 2x (7) Guardian of Kings
# 2x (8) Lay on Hands
# 1x (8) Tirion Fordring
# 1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor
# 
AAEBAZzhAwa5DeCsAqiKBO2fBJjUBJfvBBGjAtIErAiBDvUP4hGKrgKY6gPM6wOcnwSdnwTsnwTunwSS1ASd1ASh1ASQpAUA
# 
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
1 Like

Thank you so much. Got it down using this, been having a bit of trouble with older decks no longer working.

1 Like

Glad I’ve been able to help!

This was from before the AI was tuned, but it should work all the same since this strategy doesn’t care how aggressive the AI or in what order the AI plays the cards: what I did was run a simple OTK (one that works vs 30 health + 30 armor) and for the rest played 100% Taunt minions (of course going for a balance of as cheap as possible yet still able to kill or survive against a 3/3 Charge Orc, such as Tar Creeper).

I would then just dump Taunt minions after another vs Nazra until I had the necessary cards + mana. With Nazra’s cards dying to your Taunts, you can eventually have a Taunt minion survive and snowball from there to take down her health and OTK Malchezaar the next turn.

I recently beat it with wild big priest very easy. Only node i cant beat is that chess game…

what is “big priest” lol

Big priest is something like the following.

The dream is early Illuminate to give you three mana Shadow Essence. That can lead to a large board of Blood of G’hunn and Neptulon, with plenty of resurrects to refill the board.

Took me two tries to beat heroic Free Medivh with this (first try I drew both minions early, to make that less likely consider adding a second Blood, or Sphere of Sapience).

### PrBig
# Class: Priest
# Format: Wild
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Illuminate
# 2x (1) Shadowcloth Needle
# 2x (1) Shard of the Naaru
# 2x (2) Penance
# 2x (2) Shadow Visions
# 2x (2) Spirit Lash
# 2x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
# 2x (3) Gift of Luminance
# 2x (3) Palm Reading
# 2x (4) Eternal Servitude
# 2x (4) Hysteria
# 2x (6) Shadow Essence
# 2x (7) Lesser Diamond Spellstone
# 2x (8) Idol of Y'Shaarj
# 1x (9) Blood of G'huun
# 1x (10) Neptulon the Tidehunter
#
AAEBAa0GAvrfA7/OBA7RwQLlzAK0zgLwzwLj6QKZqQOnywPi3gP83wP44wP08QOH9wOtigSitgQA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
2 Likes