Here is the proof BOTs are created by Blizzard

Lol would have had a better response if OP didn’t stomp whine like a child. Terrible attitude and tone.

I encountered a couple Blizzard bots when I broke into legend at the end of the season last month. It was the 30th of the month… literally just before the season’s end, and I was playing during very off-peak hours. I spoke with Schyla about it and got a pretty good explanation why it happened. Apparently Blizzard matches you up against one of their bots if the queue times are excessively long and they can’t find an appropriate match for you within your MMR rank bracket. So in my case I was sitting at the most dumpster tier of all legend ranks from making it there at the very end of the season and trying to queue when nobody was online. It makes sense why the matchmaker would have trouble finding a game for me under those conditions.

The blizzard bots don’t have rank icons under their names, and it’s pretty obvious whenever you match against one. Honestly they’re so easy to beat they’re basically just free wins that feed you MMR increases. One of the bots I faced was a priest deck… and it was playing basic cards. And by basic I do mean BASIC… as in Senjin Shieldmasta and shadow word: Pain. Those cards haven’t been standard legal for almost 3 years now, and the power level of the deck was so low I rolled over it without even thinking. It was kind of insulting actually how easy it was to beat.

1 Like

You don’t need proof. The existence of these bots is literally confirmed by blizzard.

2 Likes

I think it’s quite possible that the bots are simply people who aren’t at blizzard as well, if you can automate accounts to play and generate gold/gold borders there’s incentive to sell said accounts.

I think it’s quite possible that the bots are simply people who aren’t at blizzard as well, if you can automate accounts to play and generate gold/gold borders there’s incentive to sell said accounts.

Nah, they’re from Blizzard. Like I said in my post just above, Bliz has already explained the reasoning for their existence. They serve to fill as opponents when nobody of appropriate mmr and ranking is available or if all tables are otherwise full. And apparently the deck lists are set in stone and never change. Blizzard bots are allowed to play cards that are not standard-legal, like Shadow word: Pain in my example. Even if a player created a bot to farm MMR, they would still be bound by the pool of cards available to them when building deck lists.

3 Likes

This. OP thinking they proved some kinda vague conspiracy theory is kinda funny lol

3 Likes

AFAIK, this was a statement for classic, way before they started actually putting bots in there.

I don’t know what’s worse: the fact that there’s a need for someone to point this out even though blizzard outright announced adding bots to low mmr ladder, or the fact that people are calling bs on it (not a lot of people, but still).

Just like when then player would not show up on your current opponent being played or showing up as your last opponent. :slight_smile: Seems like they let a few things slip through the cracks until someone points it out. :slight_smile:

I have met bots in standard playing classic cards… how about that? :slight_smile: How can that be? Bots are hacking the card set system? I have seen more than one… It was easy to beat them tough… so had no problem with them at all.