Hello, new player here and I got a question about the game

I just wanted to ask if the game is completely free to play or if I have to pay for extra content such as WoW expansions, thanks in advance

2 Likes

Hearthstone is, in all respects, free to play.

Expansions come out every 4 months. These expansions have 135 cards and stay in the metagame for 2 years. You can pre-order 50-80 packs before these expansions come out to get packs. For free, on the expansion release dates (First-Second Tuesday of April, August, and December) you will get ~7 packs and a free legendary for that set. (Worth noting you can obviously buy these packs for 100 gold each.) I’ll go as in-depth as you need.

Adventures come out alongside expansions sometimes, which can either be bought with 2800 gold (700 per wing) or 28$, or 6.99$ per wing.

You will never be forced to pay for anything. But if you want to get anywhere, the easiest way is to spend money and buy the preorders. I’ll answer any other questions you have, best of luck.

4 Likes

The only content that can only be obtained with money is alternate Hero Portraits.

However, it’s impossible to obtain all content F2P. F2P players have to make hard choices on crafting and disenchanting cards. Some of them for example have some classes that they auto dust everything for.

Its all free :slight_smile: except if you want to buy packs or heroes with money or pack bundles

1 Like

What is the price of the pre-order packs?

The pre-order price is always 50$ and 80$ respectively. Sometimes, there isn’t an 80$ version. Sometimes, they give away smaller pre-orders, being able to purchase 17 packs for 20$.

Currently, you can get 60 packs and a golden legendary for 50$ or 100 packs and a golden legendary for 80$.

1 Like

Yes, I saw it now. Like this one:

DescentOfDragonsDOTcom

Hi, can somebody help me to solve problem in “practice” mood? I cant play with some characters (even in “play” mode) because i click the button “yes” for completing cards when this bar shows… i have no idea how to sort cards so it will allows me to game so i can finish basic cards :frowning: please help

If you’re still looking for a solution, you can only play with classes that you have already beat in practice mode(along with mage, the starting class).

free to play if you play like since 2014 like some people you dont need to put in game money to get top tier ladder player take time to get good grind a lot but its possible

1 Like