Hearthstone really is rigged. Here's how to beat it

I guess to some people it wouldn’t look like pay to win because of the 50% win rate. But there is also the ranking system. For most people, it’s too hard to see that it is pay to win by the ranking system, because there are also other factors like the skill of the player. So even if one is low in ranking it doesn’t mean that one needs better cards to improve one’s ranking. It may mean one needs to make less mistakes in the match.

On the other hand, one will hit a wall once rising the ranks when there are no longer opponents without the best meta decks. So even someone with a better deck who makes more mistakes than someone with a deck that is missing some core cards that makes no mistakes can still win. It already takes considerable skill in the game to realize it is pay to win.

But investing money is one of the reasons this game still has a good competitive quality. When the top players are financially invested, it helps them appreciate it more. When one appreciates the game more, it will make one play more serious and maintain the quality standard of play.

It is pay to win, but it is a good thing. It keeps the game of quality.

I’ve already been through this many times, EvilWarden. The ones who won’t let you have your opinion until you either agree with theirs or stop posting after they’ve had the last word are ones with what are called anger issues.

An important Anger Management rule:
Be able to agree to disagree without holding a grudge. There are two choices.

Be able to agree to disagree.
or
Be right, but be alone because nobody will want to be around you.

The ones arguing with you have not learned this lesson. They think the knowledge they have is all that matters, but the knowledge of others is irrelevant.

1 Like

Lol you will like the posts of anyone who disagrees with me or someone else you disagree with no matter how nonsensical or conspiratorial they are. You have gladly given your likes to Holocaust conspiracy lunatics on these forums because all that matters to you is that they agree with you. If that’s not holding a grudge it’s obsessive and you are in no place to criticize others on psychological behavior.

2 Likes

it only took me like 15 games… sorry it took you so long to figure this one out.

Yesterday I couldn’t win a game if my life depended on it. Every deck I tried, my opponent had answer, or every mage had the Kabal/Secret opener, for example. Today, I won every game I played. I’m not saying “rigged”, but sometimes the momentum swings are so wild from login to login that it almost can’t be mathematically explained. It just feels like sometimes there are days you aren’t winning no matter what you do and it feels unfair.

3 Likes

At this point someone needs to sue blizzard in a class action lawsuit just to try this out and get all cards on the table, pun intended.

1 Like

Explain EXACTLY how it is both rigged and undetectable, please?

If you have a plausible way to do this I am all ears, but the only thing that can possibly be “rigged” would be what card one gets and deviations from a normal distribution would be immediately apparent in a large data set like HSR or similar.

Good. Absent evidence this is exactly where I will stay.

1 Like

what are the best three classes to use to beat the system?

1 Like

I think that the longer you play before logging out, the more likely you are to lose games as you could face opponents with better hands which could be a way to encourage players to play various small sessions instead of playing all-day long. I think that when you login, you are more likely to win games as a design of the game so that your brain records that “you have fun while playing Hearthstone”. Also, you have more concentration when you begin playing that after a couple hours…

In the ladder, people will play with the same deck I think. At the start of the month, people who want to hit legend may chose aggro deck to hit legend quickly. As the remaining decks % in the ladder shifts throughout the month (as more people level up), I would be tempted to say that more midrange and control decks would be present in the ladder later on. Thus, at a given moment, if you could look at the distribution of decks in the ladder you could see what is called “mini-meta”, so the best deck to use to level in the ladder at different league could differ. Also, there could be a correlation between the time of the day, the age of players and the deck encountered in the ladder which could also vary depending on the day of the week.

Never the less: cheer up!

Here’s a page which could help: Hard time reaching Legend rank (although its based on Hearthstone prior introduction of leagues; when there were 25 levels in the ladder).

1 Like

Evidence has been in the thread for a while:
https://www.hearthpwn.com/forums/hearthstone-general/general-discussion/213502-mathematical-proof-that-standard-ladder-is-rigged

I’m afraid you’re gonna have to go from “believing it’s not rigged because there’s no evidence”
to
“seeing clear evidence that it’s rigged but choosing to ignore it because you’ve dug yourself in too deep.”

Becoming the second one makes you look a lot less ostensibly levelheaded, but that’s your decision to make, and for others here to witness you as that which you choose to be.

1 Like

Did you see the replays? I saw someone describing their experience. I don’t know them, their motivations, or their intent, but I do know they provided zero data to support their claims.

Did you attempt to replicate the experiment? Was your replication successful?

A thread from 2014 with random intaweb dood is not evidence. I mean, it’s a place to start, but I would think in the intervening seven years someone would have replicated his findings in a very public and detailed way if they were in fact anything more than an alleged bigfoot sighting.

But hey, you trust random intarweb people… maybe the prince from Nigeria will send you your fortune.

Edit: Later in the thread, another poster attempt the same study over 100 games and flipping a coin to decide with deck to play.

His results did not match the op, and he included a video of the entire 2 hours of trial to show his work. You know, actual data, which did not support the OP conclusions. At all.

…So I’m reading through that linked thread, and I must be missing the part where the OP actually SHARES their results of their experiment, rather than simply claiming what the results are. Now, in fairness, this person at least explained the process of their experiment, so that claim would have been testable if I had been made aware of it at the time.

But, on the other hand, considering they claim to be a statistician by trade, it’s really weird to not include at the very LEAST the level of confidence of their findings. And I may only have a semester of statistics under my belt, but even I know that you need p times n to be equal or greater than 15 and q times n to also be equal or greater than 15 in order to do meaningful proportional statistics. And .04*75 is not 15 or higher.

So it sure seems to me like the OP in that thread is lying about being a statistician, which makes me highly skeptical that the rest of their post can be reliably called “evidence”.

3 Likes

See, I wasn’t even going to go there, but I have grave doubts based on the language used in the post. The person may be a statistician, but they aren’t a very good one for sure.

(just another short rant)

3 hard counters the first 3 games of the day in a row. Really nice Blizzard. Makes me wanna play the game even more…
NO other game (maybe except for other Blizzard multiplayer games) can p… me of like HS does. Honest to God idk why do I keep playing this rigged RNG fiesta… Do those rare small “wins” really keep me hooked up? Anyone else has this problem? Also other games bore me rather quickly these days… I’m either getting too old or the quality of games drops year after year…

3 Likes

14000 games? Blimey. You need a life!

1 Like

I approve of this necro

1 Like

does this still work?

Forum Moderator Note: While the advice and/or information given in an older thread could have been accurate at the time, it may be now be outdated or a reply to an old thread could be overlooked. For these reasons please avoid ‘necro’ posting. If you have a similar issue and the advice previously given hasn’t helped then please create a new thread with all relevant information.

1 Like

Op is correct, seems theres a lot of blizzard bots in the comment section, im genuinely surprised blizzard havent removed the OP,s post yet because its the truth they dont want to admit.

yes it does iv been doing it

1 Like

i am going to try it later.