Hearthstone on Mac not Working

I’ve seen a few posts about this issue already, but I just wanted to reiterate in hopes of increasing visibility to the development team so they can fix it.

Starting from at least Monday, June 24th, Hearthstone has not been playable on my Mac device (2019 MacBook Pro, Intel Core). I have tried “Scanning and Repairing” as well as re-installing the game multiple times, but the issue persists. Once I try to launch the game, I can hear the music, but I only see a flashing square of color on screen instead of the main menu.

Additionally, although last week the game was playable, I did have issues when I “tabbed out” of the game, which caused it to become unresponsive and require a restart. (Strangely enough, after playing a few games on Standard, this was no longer an issue).

If you have any suggestions for fixes I can try on my end, please let me know. Thanks!

3 Likes

I have the identical issue.

1 Like

Same here. Macbook pro m1

2 Likes

I have the same issue, tried re-install of Battle.net, HS, and ran Scan and Repair. Issue persists.

3 Likes

Me too, plus ran every troubleshooting step I could find in Forums & elsewhere online, issue still persists. Going on 2 weeks of this, & no response to my “bug reports” to Battle.net. Really disappointed with the lack of response…

3 Likes

Same issue. Latest battle.net client on M1 Max Ventura 13.4. Mostly playing battlegrounds mode, though all modes seem effected. Cannot switch desktops i.e. to check news between rounds without the game crashing. Effectively not working on mac.

Still just a yellowish box when I try and launch HS . Are they not going to fix this? It’s been weeks.

Update: Submitted a ticket and got a response from a GM saying they’ll take a look… hopefully it will be fixed soon

Still not working. Please fix

1 Like

2 months+ later, still no fix.

Hope this helps, someone mentioned a fix by going into Mission Control and clicking the fullscreen icon on Hearthstone, taking it out of fullscreen mode

1 Like

Can you give more specific instructions? I can’t play on Mac for months

Hmm, can you give more details, or maybe more specifics on where you saw the post? When I’ve got the broken “black screen” session of Hearthstone running, it doesn’t show up when I go into Mission Control.

after opening hearthstone, type Mission Control with your command + spacebar search, click on it, there should be a full screen icon when you hover over hearthstone at the top, where it has Desktop 1, clicking on that might fix some people’s issues

1 Like

sometimes I’ve gotten the black screen and other times it looked like an extremely zoomed in yellow screen where I can hear the hearthstone sounds still, if it’s the latter then that’s when it worked for me

here’s a similar post: Hearthstone stopped working on Mac - #25 by Skeptimist-1710

also another method that sounds like worked for some: https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/1djl183/hearthstone_stopped_working_on_mac/

Dude - worked!!! Awesome, not sure why the admins couldn’t have responded to my multiple bug submissions w/that info 2 months ago, still have received no reply from them. But your method totally worked, thanks!

1 Like

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! Had a similar problem since the 30.2 update on my macbook pro. Using the Cmd-spacebar keys brought the game back to life in windowed mode. As others have commented, but NO response from developers/tech support…

It has gotten a lot worse with macOS 15.1 Developer Beta. I know it’s off to run developer versions of an operating system and then complain that my game is crashing.

However I start to think that it’s not the game itself. it’s the network stack. more so the battle.net client in the background or whatever it is that determines if the game is still connected or not. I have pings to 8.8.8.8 running without timeouts. however the game is still reconnecting me. Wireshark shows tcp retransmissions and resets constantly for the blizz related connections.

This worked for me too! Thank you!