Hearthstone not granting Transfer Student

With this latest patch, all players were supposed to be given the new Transfer Student card.
However, when I log on Hearthstone, I’m not getting the card. I’ve closed and reopened the game several times, logged in and out of my Battle.net account, I skipped apprenticeship, I bought the Scholomance pack, installed and opened it on my iPhone, and reinstalled the game on my computer. Not sure what I felt like those last ones mattered, but I was trying anything I could to try to get the card.
Only thing I have not done was play against another player on Hearthstone, which shouldn’t matter then either. All players were supposed to get this card.
All the while doing this, I was talking to a friend who also plays it and all he did to get the card was log on.

I’d post a screenshot of my card collection to show I don’t have the card, but I don’t know how to get it on here.

Are you a new player?

Pretty much. First tried playing it probably a year ago, but stopped soon after. Wanted to try giving it another shot just recently.

You have to complete the starter quest chain first to get the promotional cards:

Ooh. So I have to play a match in Play to get it then. Only quest I have left.
Thanks for the info!