Hearthstone Makes Me Want to Bot

I’ve never felt the need to Bot in any Game except Hearthstone. I don’t have enough patience to lose every game even with following Guides using Basic Only Cards. Standard Games are NOT balanced with Basic Card Users, in mind. I’m trying to gather XP for Coins & Cards, but I lose 90% of my matches (in turn gives me less points). My patience is running thin.

I’m seriously considering Botting through my 90% of my match losses. I’m tired of staring at my screen watching as players wipe away the board clean, and I can’t do anything. Only thing I like about Hearthstone, at all, are the Solo Adventures and playing against the Innkeeper. I wish the Quests were able to be completed through Solo Modes instead of against Players. Unfortunately, in order to complete Quests (or even unlock the goodies, from the Reward Track) is through PvP Mode.

Yes, I get it, we don’t “need” any of it, but it’s still frustrating. I’ve been VERY patient with my 90% loss rate and expect to lose majority of my matches. But, the level of “balance” between players who don’t have current and up to date cards versus those who do is not even on par with each other. Seriously, Standard Mode needs to be more balanced because New/Returning Players (Returning Players who haven’t played since Gnomes & Goblins) really don’t have a chance. This Game really makes me consider botting.

That’s HOW bad it is!

1 Like

While I understand your frustration. I’m not really sure what you’re suggesting? I mean you just started the game, it’s quite obvious that old players with much better cards and skills will beat you most of the times. You need to build a better deck. There are some guides online that you can check.

U wanna bot? Go ahead and get banned :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D::D:D::D:D:D:D:D:D::DD::D:D:D:D:D:DD:D :smiley:

1 Like

Unfortunately, you really can’t win much with Basic cards. However, it’s possible to win with cheap decks.
Here is a list of some cheap decks. You could see if there are any you have a lot of cards for, then you could start working to build the deck and in the meanwhile use the deck modified based on the cards you do have.
https:// hsreplay. net/decks/#sortBy=dust&sortDirection=ascending
The Gibberling Druid deck can eventually be upgraded into one of the best decks in the game, which is actually not so expensive:
https:// www.vicioussyndicate .com/decks/gibberling-token-druid/
I hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!
Once you complete your apprentice ranks, you will get a free deck which will help you tons in ranking up.

2 Likes

Personally, I don’t think being a new player with limited card collection is an issue - new players get a lot of free goodies nowadays, up to a whole standard deck, and as in any other game, starting new means having a disadvantage over people who have been playing for a long time, both in skill and collection. As people pointed out, there is a lot of very cheap competetive decks out in the open, I recommend checking hearthpwn or similar site when choosing the one you’ll be pouring your hard-earned arcane dust in.
However, I too can see the appeal of botting for a whole different reason - which is the Reward Track. A Hearthstone’s version of season pass is set up to give you experience based on how long your match is - no matter your skill level or winrate, it’s just an incentive to waste your time in game. To me, it feels incredibly unrewarding - and it could be argued making it unrewaring was a desing choice to incetivise player to buy the upgraded verion of the Reward Track, an at this point, it makes me wonder why should I be wasting my time? I often meet accounts that will just spam hero power and rope and it doesn’t make me mad at them, I think to myself: “Wow, this guy figured it out.” I’m mad at Blizz for making the Reward Track completely un-fun experience and it makes me wonder whether I wouldn’t be better off having my account botting and playing something else.

1 Like

This is not correct.
Yes, game time is taken into account for xp. But other factors count too. The wrong conclusion is based on a false starting point of comparing based on number of games played, instead of time spent playing.
When two players both play for exactly two hours, one just ropes and hero powers and the other plays normally, then the second person will have earned more experience at the end of that time. They will also have played much more games, and the experience per game might be lower, but the total experience will be more.

If I can set aside two hours to play and I want to maximize my exp gain in that time, I’ll always queue up real decks and finish games as fast as possible. The exp per hour is simply higher that way.

That said, the system does have a huge issue in that it incentivizes botting. When I can play for two hours, but I can then after that leave my computer running for three hours more while I’m doing other things, having a bot running that ropes and hero powers gives me less exp than playing those three hours would, but I cannot play at that time. And it gives me more exp than just switching off the computer would.
And that is a serious issue indeed. Botting should never be rewarded. And playing against a bot, while often a free win, does not provide the challenge and sense of accomplishment I seek in a game.

1 Like

This game is trash, when it first came out it was about being creative…now all people do is look at top decks and copy them this is for sure yer game if u like playing follow the leader with no real rewards worth your time but sure dump a few thousand dollars into the garbage and see how badly u feel ripped off like me if you want to win more than 10% of the time make a spell deck and play nothing but that a win streak is easier than hell and the deck costs almost nothing to make blizz time for you to stop being greedy and stupid and start makin the game where u have to have a brain to play please sitting watching someone take their entire turn for 1 or 2 cards is a real snore speed the game up or find a way to punish the turn trolls either way this game isn’t worth investing a dime into and I wish I had never put a penny into it

2 Likes

You ever seen Toast on stream he got top legendary without spending a dime on the game so hush

1 Like

Luckily Blizzard has banned bots before. Just do your quests and you get your gold and packs