Hearthstone is toooo expensive!

I understand I am old: I play games for exploration, discovery and experimentation. Yes I like to win, but out of the experience.

Nowadays, everything is about money, power and efficiency.

You kids are completely focused on competition, money, profitability… winning faster.

Oh well, dinosaur dude singing out. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

why do people always put "hearthstone " on the tittle of threads like this one when this been a thing on CCGs for over a decade ?

To exaggerate. People who want attention and want everyone to feel sorry for them will tell slanted, exaggerated, biased, and misleading narratives to make things sound as bad as possible. No one would give them clicks and pat their heads if they only told boring, fact-based, even-handed truths.

Kind of sums up the problem with media in general these days, actually.

2 Likes

You guys deal with life like nerds…

Like if all experiences where rational.

When you go into the woods, do you read an article on “How you should experience nature” before going?

Any room for just experiencing things from a free point of view?
Where is it written that Hearthstone is a CCGs? I didn’t see any warning on their webpage? Or when starting the game!

“Please be advised: Hearthstone is a CCG. You must expect a gaming experience accordingly. Thank you.”

:rofl:

No, but I would certainly want to know the potential risks/dangers of going into the woods beforehand. I can’t say for certain that I would appreciate a walk in the woods for the same reason as the next person, but I’m sure that getting lost and dying of dehydration would qualify as a “not very fun time”. While not all experiences are universal, there’s a general approximation that can be made.

It’s right there in the definition: CCG. Collectible Card Game. Hearthstone is a game where you collect and play with cards, and is a CCG by extension. Just like a walk in the woods, many people enjoy it for different reasons, but there are several aspects to a CCG that all of them share, namely the manner in which they are all monetized. This is something that people should be aware of before stepping into the proverbial “woods” of Hearthstone, and it’s something that many people simply don’t understand when they make threads like this one.

2 Likes

I agree this loot box gambling ‘game’ is overpriced. Who is at fault? Well, activision blizzard 1st but 2nd are the rest of the whales and sheep that preorder every expansion and/or spend upwards of $200+ every three months. Streamers that promote the game and lead by example by spending all that money to get every card on day 1 as well. They seldom (there are some exceptions) speak out about the massive problem with the pricing model and its unsustainability. Maybe they are afraid of losing their exclusivity for card reveals which bring them extra viewers during the pre launch window or other streaming/casting/hosting gigs blizzard can offer them. It will take the community speaking with their wallets to fix the issue.

Some issues I have:

1. Majority of cards (~90%) in every expansion are fillers that won’t see play and the power level of the other 10% is so high that it makes them MUST have cards.
  2. Epics should work like legendary cards in that you should not get doubles of epics you already own.
1 Like

Soon there will be less cards in standard when odd and even decks are leaving (middle of year?) so it turns a bit cheaper game I guess.

I just gotta bump this one, given the current discussion. You claim below you had/have near full common/rare set completions, yet you dust all nerfed cards?!?

You really are bad at this game, forum pvp. You contradict yourself so often its not even funny! You cant possibly have dusted all nerfed cards, while retaining the following collection at the time of this post:

Prove me wrong!

1 Like