Hearthstone IOS app updating every time i open it

Have the same issue… downloaded 5 times already

1 Like

Here as well
It became a daily routine

1 Like

It’s absurd! I log in for a quick game and I have to wait to download 3 gb or 4.5 gb on my ipad. Hope they fix it soon

1 Like

Dear blizzard support
I cant enjoy playing with family members and many friends due to this bug
Please kindly fix this bug as soon as possible :frowning:
The bug is on iphone 11 and some other devices as well

Its working
fine on pc at least.

Phone players need to install update every time they reopen or restart the game or if they crash and try to reconnect

Thanks in advance and best wishes

2 Likes

Same. Issue was not fixed after reinstall.

1 Like

Having the same issue, game unplayable for me. I like to play a few rounds often, but every other time need to download 3.1gb. Not feasible. Also just had the game crash and on restart and reconnect faced the download so lost the game due to that.

1 Like

Having the same issue for about 2 weeks. 3146 MB downloading every single time I open the app on iOS. No change after the last update.

hi im having the update bug its been three time in a row and some how the game requesting an 3146 update every time i open it its making me crazy do you know how much do i have to pay in a third world country for the network to play a game

Can confirm on android 13, Magic OS 7.1 . Happens also. Really frustrating to wait for the 3gb to download every time i start the game… Also,ingame 3.1 GB update for enhanced visuals and sound.
Every freaking time…
I’m about to give up on the game…

Me too on iOS… going on for over a week. It happened the last update too. Have you guys forgotten how to do patches? Any idea when it’s going to be fixed??

This is part of the Known Issues now so they are working on a fix:

Well I just tried the full reinstall and it’s now downloading the 3.1GB mega slowly compared to when it did the first time. It had already become mega slow before I did the reinstallation (I downloaded it up to 7-10 times maybe) but reinstalling hasn’t resolved the slowness. I’ve yet to find out whether it will fix the repeated download issue as claimed.

Oh the download suddenly sped right up, thank God. It might have taken an hour or more at the rate it was going before.

Hello!
I’m having the same issue on iOS.
What works for me is disabling in game settings for high resolution. That will at least stop the game from downloading the 3gb every time I’m opening it, because that is what the repetitive download is for.

I have found pausing the high resolution download works.
Been wondering why by iPhone 15 Max has been boiling hot when playing Hearthstone, it’s because of the constant 3GB download that keeps refreshing/ restarting. Stopped over heating since pausing it.

I deleted and reinstalled the app, and it seems to be working fine now

Same here . Deleted the game and reinstalled twice and still doing thd 3G download on my iPhone. Extremely frustrating

Same problem, 3gb download every time I open the app.

Same problem on my iPhone

Same here, but it’s not like blizzard cares. Hearthstone is a purely a money cow anyway. Sorry but I’m not going to continue playing a game that makes me waste hours every time I want to lose to an aggro pala in 4 turns.

did you let it the download to finish ? Aftwer the last patch you have to reinstall and let it download all the files